Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Lexus is250 with 25000 miles on a clock.Went to 2 different Lexus dealer for service and had a question why my rotors are so corroded( rear one's) . As I'm assuming rear brakes don't work properly. Need advice what should I do. Picture attached. Thank you in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
2015 Lexus is250 with 25000 miles on a clock.Went to 2 different Lexus dealer for service and had a question why my rotors are so corroded( rear one's) . As I'm assuming rear brakes don't work properly. Need advice what should I do. Picture attached. Thank you in advance
seems you've got some blown seals in your calipers. your pistons a possibly seized due to water and rust. You should rebuilt them or have them rebuilt

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Traction control on modern cars often makes use of the rear brakes. I'm thinking it looks like the front brakes aren't pulling their weight so the rears get over-used or that you're engaging traction control a bunch which wears out the rear pads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well interesting fact that Lexus dealer said it's normal wear and tear. I really hoping you guys see at picture that one of brake pads is at 0% and another one at 70%. And both of this brake pads from one wheel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kinda lost at this point. Front brake pads still good. Rear one's are gone and
uneven wear . Dealershipp telling me it's normal wear and tear and don't want to fix issue that involves exesive wear on pads

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And also car still under factory warranty. But dealership keep saying that everything functional proprerly in a rear brake system

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
And also car still under factory warranty. But dealership keep saying that everything functional proprerly in a rear brake system
What is happening is the caliper is not moving freely on the pins. Remove the pins and clean the holes in the bracket out. Put new pins and boots with plenty of grease. When the pads wear uneven. This is because of this movement. Brakes 101. You can slap pads on all day long and it will do this everytime. Untill you do this. You will need new pads and rotors also.

·
Registered
575 Posts
What is happening is the caliper is not moving freely on the pins. Remove the pins and clean the holes in the bracket out. Put new pins and boots with plenty of grease. When the pads wear uneven. This is because of this movement. Brakes 101. You can slap pads on all day long and it will do this everytime. Untill you do this. You will need new pads and rotors also.
Agreed, start here. Mine had siezed on one of the pins when i bought it so had done something similar, not quite so extreme. Had to get another pin and caliper frame and use high temp antiseize grease on it to fix mine, the joys of floating calipers. Its not often a seal in the caliper would have gone and caused this kind of mayhem . . . though i guess it depends where you live, no snow or salt on the roads over winter where i live ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts