Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
forza italia
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a shop in Southern Ontario that can install a car alarm that

• knows what they are doing
  • is competent
  • has worked on an IS before
  • really knows what they are doing
  • actually HAS worked on an IS before?

(points repeated for emphasis ;))

I'm reluctant to outsource this work but it looks like I'm going to have to. :(

·
Registered
255 Posts
www.audio-heaven.com

Jeff Try is his name and he is really good.
He has had a shop for a while and he just moved to a new location.

·
forza italia
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Audio Heaven's NEW LOCATION
55 West Beaver Creek, UNIT 43.
Perfect, right where my car got raped... :pissed:

Thanks though! It seems like they don't have the
2WSS-AS. Another shop said they don't sell that because of too many issues...

Snooter said:
What kind of features are you going to be getting with the alarm.
Debating, at the moment.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
azzurro said:
Does anyone know of a shop in Southern Ontario that can install a car alarm that

• knows what they are doing
  • is competent
  • has worked on an IS before
  • really knows what they are doing
  • actually HAS worked on an IS before?

(points repeated for emphasis ;))

I'm reluctant to outsource this work but it looks like I'm going to have to. :(
Kennedy HiFi / 180 Nantucket Blvd - KHF ....they did mine

Digger08

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hey whats up
U can try UltraAutoSound
They installed my car system and they made it look pretty easy.
They install alarms too and they're always doing custom setups and designs for expensive show cars.
These guys seem very competent about their work and it should be no problem for them.
If u want to call them I think the number is 905 270 5355
They are located in Mississauga on dundas near the 427

·
forza italia
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SexusinmyLexus said:
Hey whats up
U can try UltraAutoSound
They installed my car system and they made it look pretty easy.
They install alarms too and they're always doing custom setups and designs for expensive show cars.
These guys seem very competent about their work and it should be no problem for them.
If u want to call them I think the number is 905 270 5355
They are located in Mississauga on dundas near the 427
Thanks Jim! I'll check them out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
He installed it on my 03 Accord.. Worked perfectly. He's an authorised Compustar dealer, so he has the lifetime warranty. Im gonna get it installed in my IS next week.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
ultra autosound are butchers.
go to KHF and tell them SK sent yah that is where i got the same alarm as Digger in my LS.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
we both have cliffords

·
Registered
218 Posts
u can try to do a private deal with my friend's friend. he's specialized with car alarms and electronics. his name is ken. he worked on my sub woofer and left no scratch on my car. did a really great job for a good price. he works on benz and bmw's and stuff. if u're interested send me a private message and i'll give you his cell number. i asked him to install an alarm for my is.. he said the stock alarm is good enough already. but seriously, it is a big hassle if we have to carry a BIG remote with us every time in our keychain. if that's the case it is better to get a honda civic rather than the IS300. :p

for my friend's civic he installed an aftermarket alarm along with stock. he couldn't use his original key to open to door if he use the aftermarket to lock it. pretty useless of the key then. what if u lose the remote or got shorted and not working while it is on?

·
forza italia
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
roxster said:
u can try to do a private deal with my friend's friend. he's specialized with car alarms and electronics. his name is ken. he worked on my sub woofer and left no scratch on my car. did a really great job for a good price. he works on benz and bmw's and stuff. if u're interested send me a private message and i'll give you his cell number. i asked him to install an alarm for my is.. he said the stock alarm is good enough already. but seriously, it is a big hassle if we have to carry a BIG remote with us every time in our keychain. if that's the case it is better to get a honda civic rather than the IS300. :p

for my friend's civic he installed an aftermarket alarm along with stock. he couldn't use his original key to open to door if he use the aftermarket to lock it. pretty useless of the key then. what if u lose the remote or got shorted and not working while it is on?
Has he actually installed an alarm in an IS though? That's what I'm concerned with.

The stock alarm is not good enough. I can show you proof if you'd like. It consists of a hole in my door. The "funny" thing is that if you open the door in this manner, the alarm does not go off...

And the stock key should still function perfectly fine, aftermarket or not.

I hear you on the remote though... I'd rather not have to carry that around...

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
azzurro said:
Has he actually installed an alarm in an IS though? That's what I'm concerned with.

The stock alarm is not good enough. I can show you proof if you'd like. It consists of a hole in my door. The "funny" thing is that if you open the door in this manner, the alarm does not go off...

And the stock key should still function perfectly fine, aftermarket or not.

I hear you on the remote though... I'd rather not have to carry that around...
Not true...I do not use the stock key, as it occasionally causes problems.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
My Clifford activates the stock alarm as well so it is dually protected. The key still functions but i don't use it for anything.

If you feel worried about your car and always like to have an eye on it then the Clifford i have with 2 way paging and other toys is a perfect way to finally relax without looking out a window all the time.

Just adding an alarm that covers the systems already done by the oem alarm is a waste of money .

I have auto start on mine as well , it has been tweaked to open and close the windows from the Clifford remote also.

Flawless give me a call on my cell if you want to get the alarm.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts