Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, after 3 months, I finally got my IS. Its fully loaded, black, with black Escaine and polished rims. Unlike a lot of you all, I dont have to suffer through the break-in period, since I managed to put almost 900 miles on her in 24 hours

I agree with everyone's assessments of the car. Its absolutely fabulous. I dont care what the editors and enthusiasts say; BMW better watch. I can say this since I have both in my driveway, and I can attest that they BOTH have strong points.

Off topic: My high-school sweetheart, who is an angel dropped from above, went all out and threw a huge Christmas party Friday night. There was almost 100 people there, most of them her friends
Anyway, she sang my favorite Christmas song to me, "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey. After she finished the song, and after all the applause died down, she gave me a big hug and a kiss, then she shocked the hell out of me by proposing! Gotta love older women (25) AND leap year
It took me half a second to think how much I love her, and how lucky I would be to have her in my life forever, and then I said YES. So, its official guys, Im an engaged man

The point of all that rambling is that now that I am officially all hers, she went out Saturday and bought the IS for me. I woke up Xmas morning to find this beautiful car in our driveway with a huge red bow on top! Makes me wonder what I would have got if I had said NO

Justy
99 328i (for now)
01 IS300

[This message has been edited by ISsoon (edited December 26, 2000).]

·
Registered
154 Posts
Merry Christmas!!!!

1-she can sing like Mariah
2-she bought you an IS
3-you dated her in HS and she is still on your tip.
4-she bought you an IS
5-she has big balls to this in front of a lot of people.
6-25 is not an older women
7-she bought you an IS
8-I think you made a great decision by saying yes and I wish you all the luck in the future.
9-If she dumps you, I need an M3

Congrats and best of luck. Hope all turns out for the best.

Oh yeah, enjoy the IS.

------------------
Straight up in my 01'BlueMicaBlack

All Flava

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by AllFlava!:
Merry Christmas!!!!

1-she can sing like Mariah
2-she bought you an IS
3-you dated her in HS and she is still on your tip.
4-she bought you an IS
5-she has big balls to this in front of a lot of people.
6-25 is not an older women
7-she bought you an IS
8-I think you made a great decision by saying yes and I wish you all the luck in the future.
9-If she dumps you, I need an M3

Congrats and best of luck. Hope all turns out for the best.

Oh yeah, enjoy the IS.

10 - she's got money and ain't afraid of spending it.

Justy, nice catch bro. Hope she's the same way after 10 years of marriage.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I couldnt be luckier to have someone so sweet and beautiful in my corner. Everytime I drive my new car, Im going to remember waking up Xmas morning with it in the driveway with that big bow on it. I didnt think about it til yesterday when we were out driving around, but I remember asking her about my ring. I asked her after she proposed where my ring was, and she told me, "Im getting it tomorrow, but it may be a little big". I didnt get it then of course, but now I see she was referring to the steering wheel

p.s. Jai, I know you pop in from time to time, so if youre reading this, thanks again baby, I love you!

Justy
99 328i (for now)
01 IS300

·
Registered
154 Posts
got a new name, how about

IgotmyISfromJaionChristmasafteragreeingtogettingmarriedandmynameusedtobeISSoon.

------------------

All Flava

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good suggestion, ALL

BUT, if I pick one that long, it needs to be something like;
theloveofmylifeboughtmethisgreatcarnowhowdoIsaynonicelywhensheaskstodriveit

Justy
99 328i (for now)
01 IS300

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by Zoku:
Congrats... on the IS and the engagement. heh heh...

Scott.
Not necessarily in that order?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
ISNOW

·
Registered
154 Posts
theloveofmylifeboughtmethisgreatcarnowhowdoIsaynonicelywhensheaskstodriveit

Whatdoyoutellawomenwith2blackeyes?nothingyoualreadyhertwice.

------------------

All Flava

·
Registered
333 Posts
How bout ISnow, or ISalready?
Ed

------------------
1999 TL Non/Nav, Satin Silver/Ebony, Comptech Springs,Comptech Exhaust, Inspire tails, Air filter, Guy Smiley as my Co-driver...many many more..
1999 Miata Touring, RB springs, Koni adjustables, RB intake, RB roll bar, BBS RV 16x7 on 225/40/16 Sp9000's, Kickin' sound system, soon to have headers and BSP dual exhaust..Click here to see

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks TEG

Im still walking on air right now. I cant believe Im on this computer playing around when there's a new ride begging to be driven though

------------------
Justy
99 328i (for now)
01 IS300

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
Justy, wow!!! what a gift and what a story!!! i thought stuff like that only happened in the movies. it's great to see people having such a great time on such a festive occasion.

at first, my christmas started off terribly, then i got an email showing me how lucky we all are...at least we can all afford something like this while others are out there with no cars period. anyways...i'm greatful for what i have and i'm glad to see you get such a great gift...

one question...she got a sister???

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, again, Hyper and Chromo! My friends tell me how lucky I am, but Ive known that from jump. Jai loves cars also, she can sing, shes goofy as hell, gorgeous, sweet as pie, very generous, and has a trust fund! OK, that last one was a joke

What more can one ask for in a girl?

And yes, Hyper, not only does she have a SISTER, but she's her IDENTICAL TWIN

------------------
Justy
99 328i (for now)
01 IS300

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
OKAY... HOOK IT UP!!! hahaha...what nat is she??? and she interested in meeting a single asain engineer originally from hawaii who travels a lot for work...

if not...then stop teasin those of us who's not as fortunate as you...
you're one lucky guy man... sheesh...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hyper, I wouldnt do that to you man. Shes a **tch. Her and my fiance are as different as night and day thank goodness. In her sister's eyes, you arent s*it unless you went to an Ivy League school, and/or have a trust fund

------------------
Justy
99 328i (for now)
01 IS300

1 - 20 of 25 Posts