Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know any other good 2jz emanage tuners around the area besides:

RTC, TE, XX, SRT and Turbotrix?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
you covered them already....seems like you are out of options there Brandon...just pick one and give it a shot......the most experianced one I'd say would be Jeff @ TE....good luck

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tsopranoMB said:
you covered them already....seems like you are out of options there Brandon...just pick one and give it a shot......the most experianced one I'd say would be Jeff @ TE....good luck
thanks marc. i have also replied you back on supraforums, sorry for the delay, i have been busy lately. thanks a lot for the info. (i think one was a rx8 tuner)

i am just not sure how much experience rtc has with emanage, is it very different with standalone in terms of tuning? plus, i think they are backup to late this month.

xx doesnt do emanage anymore only standalone.

turbotrix is just..... :confused:

srt said they dont support emanage anymore because of ecu learning issues (even on 2001s?) and they actually told me that TE is probably better (with their fuel conditioner, which srt doesnt support and provides no guarantees)

but TE cant do anything until mid october.

how about http://www.fuzionauto.com/ ? anyone heard stories about them before?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
TDLI said:
and they actually told me that TE is probably better (with their fuel conditioner, which srt doesnt support and provides no guarantees)

but TE cant do anything until mid october.
that is your answer...and that is where you should go......anyone else, I wouldnt guarentee anything to be perfectly honest....

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mikefate said:
call acosta motorsports!!! i think their site is www.acostamotorsports.com

good guys, and surprisingly low prices
yea mike, they are the rx8 one!

i just called and the guy said $200 an hour for dyno tuning and he doesnt know how many hours it will need.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
thats not too bad. they did some work on stage2's car i think. they were going to do my clutch before lexus warrantied it.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
lexluger180 said:
wow $55,000+ labor for a gte conversion

yup. but they havent found anyone to do it yet. and thats a tad expensive. mayeb it comes with a good ol' fashioned hand job

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Acosta Motorsports Will Completly Tune Your Emanage For $400 And Then Will Take You To The Dyno To "dyno Tune" You Car For 100 An Hour On Weekends 85/hr On Weekdays .. But Once Marcos Has Tuned Your Car On The Street/highway You Wont Need More Then An Hour On The Dyno.. I Will Get You These Prices.. Im Dominican Just Like Those Fuckers In There Lol... Let Me Know When Youwant To Go.. Its 4 Minutes Away From My House

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Honestly, Brandon needs to go to an IS300 tuner who specializes in E-manage tuning..and that is Jeff @ turboeast.....thus, that is the best option for him....

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
"marcos" Is One Of The Guys In There,he Is The Owners Son He Is The Best And He Has Done All The Work To My Car.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tsopranoMB said:
Honestly, Brandon needs to go to an IS300 tuner who specializes in E-manage tuning..and that is Jeff @ turboeast.....thus, that is the best option for him....
totally agree with you on this one.

so i think the decision comes down to:

wait for the reliable and knowledge TE or,

adventure into another potential local emanage tuner?

appreciate all of the help and advice so far guys.

stage2, can you share more info on your car (setup and #s) and your experience with your shop?

thanks!

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
i personally think acosta would do a good job on the emanage, they have ton many cars with same system. call them. talk to them. the guys there are great. take a trip there and check their facility out. good people up there.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
mikefate said:
i personally think acosta would do a good job on the emanage, they have ton many cars with same system. call them. talk to them. the guys there are great. take a trip there and check their facility out. good people up there.
Mike, I'm just not sure its worth it...

Jeff @ TE has a ton more experiance with the IS300 and turbo set ups with the E-manage, plus with the fuel conditioner, etc..

I'd hate to see Brandon waste his money and get bad results....although it could also turn out good, however, there is no guarentee....

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
true, but i wouldnt go saying they dont know what they are doing...not that you meant it, but your statements made them sound as if they dont know what theyre doing. they are a very capable shop, and before id drive all the way to md, or wait over a month for an appt, id go ahead and have them tune the car. although if running emanage, i dont know why brandon doesnt try using different maps and see what the outcome is

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
^^ I never said Marcos wasnt capable of doing it...but why take a chance on someone who's never done it specifically on an IS300 turbo set up....then waste the money....but if Brandon wants to give them a shot for the short term before he can get to TE then, it might be worth a chance.....

Jeff @ TE is still the best option.....obviously

1 - 20 of 37 Posts