Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i'm sure this has been discussed many times before, but I didn't notice it in a lot of the past threads. I'm purchasing an '02 with navi and didn't know 1) if it was possible to hook up dvd to the nav screen, 2) if it's an easy task, and 3) how much $ is involved to do so. if anyone has any answers for me, i'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have done exactly that with my 03. Cost is dependent on if you are going to install it yourself. It will end up costing around $500 in parts if you do the installation yourself. It is not too hard to do but it is not a plug and play affair. You will have to cut some wires. I hope that gives you an idea of the scope of the project.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that helps out a lot. Do you just have a video selector switch to alternate between DVD and nav? Any advice on where to go for parts and other info I'd need?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I will have to ;ool up the site info but basically you will need a composite to RGB converter. Also if that convertoer doesn't have an internal switching device you will need to get a multi pole 12V relay. I am out of town right now and won't be back until Tuesday. When I get back I can give you more info onexactly what I used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts