Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good navigation system that permanantly installs in the car. Big enough to read maybe a double din reciever or whatnot, Has anybody installed one that
a. Works well.
b. Voice guidance
c. easy to use
d looks clean after a permanent install.

I did the search and seen the ones in the factory lexus housings that look great but I want one that works as well as it looks and it can but does not have to take the place of the factory radio (c/d)

If i replace the factory stuff does the sub in the back still work?

·
Registered
678 Posts
I just went with the Eclipse AVN 5435, got it installed wednesday. I love it. This unit is DVD and NAV, voice guided, MP3, also hooked it up with my ipod. It's a really amazing unit, more functions then I could possibly ever use.

This is a pretty close shot so you can see, how it blends with the center.

Your gonna have to replace your rear's, but I heard you can still use the fronts.

what is your budget?

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Search the Mobiletronics Forum, you will have better luck with you questions. This post probably belongs there as well.

Also since the sedans don't have the sub out back, you should seach the SportCross Forum as respects to your sub question.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats perfect,
i figured spending about 1500 to 2 grand on the unit and would like to spend less than a couple hundred on speakers. I am very happy with the current sound system, stepping up from a loud civic hb its very satisfying stock...

·
Registered
678 Posts
madhatch said:
thats perfect,
i figured spending about 1500 to 2 grand on the unit and would like to spend less than a couple hundred on speakers. I am very happy with the current sound system, stepping up from a loud civic hb its very satisfying stock...
Your budget is more than enough to get the same HU I have and some nice speakers as well, I went with mb quart references 216' and 269's, in the front and rear. When I play dvd's it sounds like i'm in a mini movie theatre. If I could go back I would probably go with some 6 or 7 inch drivers in the back instead of going with 6x9's like I have. But overall still I am very happy with my setup.

·
Registered
506 Posts
tpc_01 said:
Your gonna have to replace your rear's, but I heard you can still use the fronts.
i have this in my car and have all the stock speakers in and they sound the same as with the stock stereo

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tpc_01 said:
I just went with the Eclipse AVN 5435, got it installed wednesday. I love it. This unit is DVD and NAV, voice guided, MP3, also hooked it up with my ipod. It's a really amazing unit, more functions then I could possibly ever use.

This is a pretty close shot so you can see, how it blends with the center.

what is your budget?
how much did she cost and where do you load the dvd's and the nav stuff?

·
Registered
678 Posts
madhatch said:
how much did she cost and where do you load the dvd's and the nav stuff?
I paid 1200 + tax but I had a credit with the store already. And if you push the open button the screen will tilt, then there will be 2 cd slots, one for cd/mp3 and the other for nav/dvd.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
perfect, so I can listen to music and still see where I am at, correct?

·
Registered
150 Posts
i've been looking at the eclipse model, but i noticed it has lower resolution then compared to teh pioneer and alpine equivilants. Pioneer runs at 1440x234.... where the eclipse is like 400x234 or something. Can you comment anything about the screen display?

·
Registered
678 Posts
madhatch said:
perfect, so I can listen to music and still see where I am at, correct?
Yes you are correct.

af22 said:
i've been looking at the eclipse model, but i noticed it has lower resolution then compared to teh pioneer and alpine equivilants. Pioneer runs at 1440x234.... where the eclipse is like 400x234 or something. Can you comment anything about the screen display?
I havent really seen the resolutions on the alpine or pioneer, but this screen is sharp. Here is a picture of the unit playing during the day: terminator 2. The flash at the bottem is from the digi cam.

And at night time the head unit looks even better, its pretty bright. I havent adjusted the contrast or brightness. But overall I'm completely satisfied, it's not like I watch dvd's on it all the time anyways, just on trips :) , mostly just use the navi.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds like what i need on the money,,,

thanks and it looks great!

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
on your knees cock boy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts