Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in area that is not covered by Lexus navigation maps, but all other manufacture like GARMIN, Tom-tom, iGo have maps for this area. Can I somehow convert this maps, and make it working with Lexus navigation system?

Thank's:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Nope.

Might as well just spend $120 on an aftermarket unit, that's about your only option....

Or if you haven't taken delivery of the car yet save yourself $3000 and just skip the nav option and get the $120 unit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Why is it that everytime Nav is discussed this knightshade guy pipes up with his anti Nav song and dance,.. bla bla bla..3K vs $200..

beanbag mounts sitting on the dash are tacky and dangerous end of story. no need to keep reminding people that knightshade doesnt like Nav.. we get it move on.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
He asked how to solve a problem - not having local maps in the factory nav.

I explained how, if he hadn't picked the car up yet, he could solve the problem AND save money.

I offered a solution, depending on if he had the car yet or not.

You however offered nothing at all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
your advice was akin to telling a guy whos car wont start, to go buy a bus pass.. misguided and not necessarily helpfull.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Since what he's asking is impossible, the bus pass would at least get him to his job.

Further, as I said, if he hadn't picked the car up yet, he has options.

If he -has- picked it up then I'd have a conversation with my dealer who sold me a $3000 option without mentioning it doesn't work locally.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I read on my domestic forum about device called Garmin GVN 53.

This device easily connects to vehicle touchscreen and operates like internal map service.

I was trying to find more information, but found only shops selling this device with specification.

I dont know how to install, but I found some videos on youtube with this device installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts