Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to install my custom navigation to my car. I planned on doing it myself, but I'm too busy and lazy to work on it. This really shouldn't be a difficult job, but I would like to goto a shop, who has worked on the IS before and installed navigation successfully.

Anyone know of a good reliable shop who has good reputation for doing an awesome car audio/video work in the nothern jersey area?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
what is ur budget?? plenty of good places....

what navi is it?

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
dtc designs in fords,nj....732-738-7822, ask for bobby, try not to deal with john on the phone, you wont realyl get anywhere

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tsopranoMB said:
what is ur budget?? plenty of good places....

what navi is it?

I bought all the equipement and materials needed to do a stock look a like navi install. I have the pioneer avic-80dvd. Since I have everything that is needed, and it really shouldn't be a hard install for someone with good knowledge of our car, I'm thinking maybe $150ish for the install?

Thanks, Mike, I will give dtc guys a call. I assume they have worked on Is300's before?

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
yeah, they will be doing my car, and have done danny271's car, and another is300 also

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang, I just realized DTC is kinda far from where I am. Anyone else know another place near fort lee area?

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
monkeypee said:
Any partiuclar person I should be looking for in those places? Which one is better?
I'd say go to mobile innovations, they did dt1313's car, which was featured in magazines back in the day, and they also had a car in the beginning of 2F2F.... ;)

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
I dont think u need to go to a award winning custom stereo shop simply to install a NAV setup. But I guess u guys are lazy and got lots of money :)

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BigDaddyRich said:
I dont think u need to go to a award winning custom stereo shop simply to install a NAV setup. But I guess u guys are lazy and got lots of money :)
lol. ya i'm lazy but i dun have lots of money. I am going to call these different places up and ask for a quote, and choose the best deal. So anyone else know more stereo installation places? i will try to update the Regional Shop list afterwards...

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
u could always go to best buy or circuit city too its not the complicated

or like mikefate said, go to DTC...its not THAT FAR, dont be fockin lazy, they can hook u up with a great price too...give them a call and see...;)

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
baadhabit said:
^ like Rich hinted shop around. that mobile innovations place is waaaaaaay over priced
Do you recommend anywhere else?

Good reliable, affordable stereto installation ship. jsut called mobile place, they are busy, but i'll try again just for the heck of it..

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
follow my instructions, what and where is mobile place? never heard of it..

you got a few places near ft lee and bergen county, NJ....u'll find a place that suits ur needs

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Damn, MonkeyPee didn't realize you lived 10 minutes from me.

Come up on the 87 and take the mclean ave exit and im like 10 seconds away. When you got time you should come out to the meets, you'r only a hop skip jump away.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
boosted_4door said:
Damn, MonkeyPee didn't realize you lived 10 minutes from me.

Come up on the 87 and take the mclean ave exit and im like 10 seconds away. When you got time you should come out to the meets, you'r only a hop skip jump away.
Ya man. Next meet, I'm definitey going to try to make it.

I'll call around and find out the prices...I'm just hesitant about best buy and circuit city because i have heard some horror stories...

I'm in albany now, and this area is whack. The road is nice though..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts