Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a long time since anyone has mentioned any NAV updates from lexus....

Anybody heard anything? Phoenix has been under so much construction lately that alot of the map info is outdated (when on the new freeways it shows me out in the middle of the desert...).

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
check with your local dealer.. they would be able to tell you if there are any updates in your area.

off topic: mercedes benz gave my dad a free nav update with his s500.

·
Registered
70 Posts
They usually happen in the fall (September-October). I'd check to see if your area has been significantly changed though. No sense wasting several hundred bucks on a new map DVD if it doesn't have changes in your area.

·
Registered
78 Posts
jp82729 said:
They usually happen in the fall (September-October). I'd check to see if your area has been significantly changed though. No sense wasting several hundred bucks on a new map DVD if it doesn't have changes in your area.
I know it's only been a month since the last post for this thread, but I was just wondering the same thing and wanted to see if anyone has gotten an update recently. If so, how much should it cost?
Also, I noticed that in the pics of the 2004 IS, the color and map look a bit different. The 2004 brochure also says that you can choose from up to 3 different routes for each address - something I don't think my 2002 version will allow (will it?). Does anyone know if changing the DVD include those kinds of updates?

·
Registered
70 Posts
ISinDC said:
jp82729 said:
I know it's only been a month since the last post for this thread, but I was just wondering the same thing and wanted to see if anyone has gotten an update recently. If so, how much should it cost?
Also, I noticed that in the pics of the 2004 IS, the color and map look a bit different. The 2004 brochure also says that you can choose from up to 3 different routes for each address - something I don't think my 2002 version will allow (will it?). Does anyone know if changing the DVD include those kinds of updates?
Where are thes pics you've seen? As far as I know the 2004 nav system is unchanged. A new DVD will only change map data and POI data.

After the system calculates a route press the ENTER button, it should give you the three routes option.

·
Registered
78 Posts
jp82729 said:
Where are thes pics you've seen? As far as I know the 2004 nav system is unchanged. A new DVD will only change map data and POI data.

After the system calculates a route press the ENTER button, it should give you the three routes option.
I saw the pics at the Lexus website. Go to the IS model page and there should be a link on the very right side to 2004 e-brochure.

thanks for the tip on the routes - it's always nice to learn about new functions for things I already have :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
ISinDC said:
I saw the pics at the Lexus website. Go to the IS model page and there should be a link on the very right side to 2004 e-brochure.
Hmm...I haven't heard of any changes to the IS navi. And those pics look exactly the same as the current navi to me :wink:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Last time I was at Bell Lexus I asked the parts counter and they said that they were expecting a new map data disk in October.

·
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All i need is the new disc for all the road changes and new develpements here.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
i asked a while back at my 20k service and the service guy told me they run about 400 because they dont just swap out the CD, they actually get rid of the whole box in yur trunk and replace it with a completely new one. Why they do it i dont understand and i for one wont be upgrading. I just cant justify spending that amount of money for a couple new roads. As long as the navi gets me in the approximate location i should be alright. :-?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ok, here's a really dumb question .. Where's the DVD? I can use the Nav just fine but I haven't a clue where it is in the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts