Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007 IS250 the car is awesome but the dealership told me during the test drive that the reason the screen wasn't working was because it's missing the nav disc. That seemed strange to me but oh well I bought it anyway and come to find out it wasn't the missing disc the touch isn't responsive it worked a month ago when they took the pictures, they replaced the battery on the car between then and now and currently the touch will not work. Does anyone have any ideas and yes I already pulled the fuse. I was hoping there was some type of other reset perhaps. :confused:

BTW the car does not have a warranty so please don't say use the warranty lol the dealership is either going to fix it depending on the price or they will take back the car. I would really like to keep that specific car so if any one can help that would be awesome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why no warranty? how many miles on the car?

did you buy it from a lexus dealer?
Yes the Miles are out of warranty other wise I definitely would have this post on here and no it was one of those places that sales all used high end cars so getting them to replace it is like pulling teeth but they signed a due bill

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
They sale a warranty there it's like 4 different packages I want to buy the platinum package but I don't know if that covers the Navi are you familiar with those and are they worth the 2 grand?

If your car is out of factory warranty (4 yr/50k miles) you are no longer eligible to purchase the Lexus extended warranties.

If you're talking about something the place you bought the car from sells you'd have to ask them what it covers and if your car is eligible despite being outside it's factory warranty already.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had this same issue happen to me this Sunday. I went to the dealership today and they told me that my navi had a shortage. So this is something Lexus doesnt repair, they have to replace the whole Navi. They told me its going to cost around 1900 to replace it. So this might be your same issue too. My car is also out of warranty and I didn't buy the extended warranty :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
The nav in my 06 IS250 went out the same way and I have no warranty as well. From reading several forums this appears to be a common problem. My dealer said the part was around $2500. However call Lexus customer service, they reduced the cost significantly for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
man that sucks...do yours come on at all and only the touch doesnt work? cuz mine was working fine the other day and then i got in the car the next day and it just never came on. so now i dont get any ac controls or music controls or anything cuz the screen never even turns on...this really sux!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got back from spending 11 weeks in China and my touch screen is not working properly. The only touch sentivity that works is for a couple buttons on the Maintenance page. I have 59K miles on my none certified 2006 IS350. I scheduled the 60K service and repair of the display for 8/23. I'll post dealer comments and cost later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
IS 350 nav touch screen won't work, please help

Hello all. I just join this website, I have 2006 IS 350with nav, and i love my car, recently replace my battery and had problem with/nav, touch screen does not work, a/c, windows and as always took to dealership and reset everything exept nav, they told me the nav unit is out, search around and called many dealership in texas, DFW, price range change from $1700 to $6k . some one said it might be only screen which cost around $700-900, i called several other lwebsite for parts, some one said take battery and all fuses off for 5-7 minutes and reconect back, %90 might work but it might damage some other parts...:suspiciou wow.. i will get my car tomorrow from dealer and will try more to find out what can i do to fix this crapppppyyy nav, also friend of mine, told me the secret that i am trying to do it and fix it and pay only %20/30 percent of the cost, as soon as i do it i will let you all know, as the meantime if anyone knows any other option i would appreciate to share.
Car is 67k miles and out od warranty, one owner, no extended warranty, .......i know all of this, any idea send me an email [email protected] please. thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.