Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

So here is my question. There are a lot of good deals on rims out there with tires/shipping included. The problem is that when most places quote a price, they are obviously using inexpensive tires. A lot of places are selling the Nanking NS-2s, I'm wondering if anybody has experienced these. I'm guessing that they aren't going to get good reviews on here, but they'd only be on for a few months next summer.

Trust me, i know better than to buy cheap rims/tires, but just curious about the quality etc.

-thanks

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
They are probably good for burnouts only... nothing else~

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nankings are the worse tires you could possibly buy. I would not recommend them to anyone. I had a pair and could see the rubber peel off the tire in little mm strips. I ran through a set of 4 in 8 to 10 thousand miles.

Arthur

·
Registered
444 Posts
I had them on my celica and they were crap. I oly paid $90 each so it was kinda you get what you pay for, I also liked that the tread was similar to the Pirelli P7000, anyway the belts shifted after 15000km so I would never buy the again. I used Fuzion as well and the are a better econo tire.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
They are sh*t, my brother has them on his honda and youd be better off glueing pieces of rubber together and making your own tire. Piles of crap

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I have them on the rear for my auto-x wheels and they gripped quite well. They are good for what you pay, but if i had the choice i'd get the kumho 711's for my budget tires.

I like running my 17" auto-x wheels on the street a little coz i can peel out and donut it up in a parking lot and not give a ratshit about my nankangs. They don't grip much on a launch, but that makes things hella fun! They seem to be lasting aight though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nankangs installed by dealer

I just bought an '01 Black Onyx. Part of my negotiations on price when purchasing the car was to have a full set of "factory equivalent" tires installed on the 17' chrome rims that were on the car.

When I picked up the car it had a round of new rubber installed, Nankang NS-1's. I was not aware they were crap until I read this forum.

I did buy some winter rims and tires in ebay for the car. I have a set of 17' stock rims with Michelin XM +S 330 Snow Tires on them with approx. 70% tread remaining.

Whne this coming Winter is over, I'll use the Nankangs until late next Spring and I will get a set of Micelin Ps's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts