Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally found where an oil leak is on my car. It's the pcv valve. But it looks like the one to the left is leaking too but I dont know what it is. I want to replace both valves and hoses.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
the hose looks like its split to me, could be just the hose or both.

·
Mr. Roo
10,212 Posts
Yes, both are PCV valves. Though really, only one of them is actually a "valve" (the one on the driver's side I believe). One is for intake, the other for exhaust. Looks like you could use an oil catch can on the driver's side while you're at it.

·
Registered
2001 E-Shift, NA-T, Standalone
11 Posts
Looks like you have a screw-in one on your driver's side, the part #12204-46031 would be what you're looking for. I would also replace the hoses, which you can do at any auto parts store, just ask for them to cut it to length or you can buy your own and cut it yourself.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Oh, they both are?
Yeah as mentioned above, only one is a valve... the other is just a take off part of the PCV system.

Properly functioning PCV system can help rings seal/etc..

Just don't mod the PCV to vent to atmosphere. The vacuum in the intake by filter or intake manifold will be a bigger benefit.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300 Sedan
23 Posts
The posts here are correct. I don't know what year your IS is but on my '02 the setup is the same. Both are part of the PCV valve system, the driver's side is the ACTUAL PCV Valve (threaded and locktite on the threads from the factory) and the passenger side is referred to as the "air intake" side of the manifold but is not the same as the drivers side. The hose from it connects to the air intake tube running from the air box to the intake manifold. To my knowledge it is actually part of the top of the manifold and cannot be removed but I could be wrong. I attempted to purchase the part from my Lexus dealership but they sold me the threaded drivers side PCV valve instead so i replaced that (around $16) since I had it. I pulled the hose from both sides, cleaned each one along with the connector section of the pcv valves and reattached. You could replace the metal hose clamps if you want, mine didnt need it as they were still snug. I can provide part numbers if you need them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts