Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn...i was at my friends house and we were looking at my car and i notice that there was a small nail in my rear left tire....can i just leave it there for awhile until i get new tires? i was planning on getting new tires for christmas

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
It will last a long time or until u get your new set of tires. Any service station can plug the tire and much cheaper than going to Lexus.

Not warranty, bro.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had the same situation this week. My puncture was too close to the sidewall for a plug. They removed the tire and patched it from the inside.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
me to.. got mine pluged tuesday. so far i guess so good

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I had that happen to me a few months ago with my altima. I just took the tire in and an hour later i got it back. Costed me $10 cdn. Still going strong. No leaks at all.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
ScarecroW said:
I had that happen to me a few months ago with my altima. I just took the tire in and an hour later i got it back. Costed me $10 cdn. Still going strong. No leaks at all.
mine was free tyhats werird..

u gottta pay 1.25 for water but free to patch a tire

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
This recently happened to me as well, excpent I got a 2 inch gash from a metal shard in a construction area. Happened at the very middle of my tread. Got it patched and balanced for $12 bucks, and no problems so far.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Get it plugged it will last you until you can buy new tires. No problem.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
if it's not in the sidewall or too close to the edge, you can get it patched. prices from $5-10 usually, if you have a big brand tire co near you, they do it for freeeeeeeeeeeeee.

·
Registered
37 Posts
you could try warranty, that happened to me twice and my dealer replaced the tires both times, no problems at all.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i just had a nail on the borderline edge almost sidewall and they wouldn't patch it..i just went to the place down the street and they did it for $15

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
Discount Tires will patch it for free.
They don't use the stupid plug method either, they take the tire off and patch from the inside.

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
I dunno about the dealer, but like I mentioned above Discount Tires (AKA America's Tires; depending on where you live) removes the tires and patch from the inside.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
kraze8 said:
Discount Tires will patch it for free.
They don't use the stupid plug method either, they take the tire off and patch from the inside.
Actually some do use the plug method. Atleast the one in kearney mesa did on one of my tires. That shops sucks anyways cuz they charged me $15 for it but gave me a $15 credit towards the purchase of new tires when all the others still do it for free but had no choice at the time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts