Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. I bit the bullet and bought someone elses build. I know, flame me later.
Look so im trying to do a low boost setup with stock ecu but when the cars on, it leans out crazy when i give it gas. The FPR is not setup, and idk if the obd1 thing where u have to splice it is done either. Tried running a greddy emanage on it but the values change absolutely nothing. Even so the car doesn't even start with the emanage plugged in, it just cranks forever.

what do i need to for real gwt this thing on the road, im picking at straws.
And try to save the dickhead “use the blah blah blah” shit because ive tried reading almost every single thread with low boost na-t stuff on it. Pls help (also its an automatic)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
This thread would be the barest of bones NA-T set up.

I would not dick with an emanagle. 20 years ago when the IS was new, and a standalone was unheard of/ungodly expensive, sure a piggyback would be OK. There are so many standalones now at a good price point, that it would be silly not to go standalone from jump. It is not cheap or easy to boost an OBD2 car that was not turbo from the factory. If you don’t have the cash right now to do it, save up and wait. I am not being judgemental, I am just being honest. If you are really trying to do it on the cheap, that thread I linked will get you started. If you have an rrfpr, I’d advise installing it first. You’re saying it’s leaning out…do you have a wbo2? It would help the cause too if you posted some specs/turbo kit/wastegate/ sensors etc. Need to know what you have, so advice can be given on what you need.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
2,280 Posts
Rrfpr = rising rate fuel pressure regulator. In case you didn’t know.

make sure that’s properly plumbed to a return style setup. If you’re running the stock fuel pump and injectors, you won’t be able to make anything past 4-5 psi.

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
499 Posts
First things first, setup the fuel return. You'll need it. Next thing would be to remove the piggyback for now and get the car running on stock ECU. The car should run fine and be ok for at least 5 psi of boost on stock injectors and ECU with a fuel return and 255lph or 340lph pump. Post some good quality pictures of the engine bay and also describe what gauges you have setup for monitoring it.

Reactions: Kris OK

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
499 Posts
Also, if you "read every thread" then you must've come across my build. There is a lot of useful information in there.

Reactions: Kris OK

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First things first, setup the fuel return. You'll need it. Next thing would be to remove the piggyback for now and get the car running on stock ECU. The car should run fine and be ok for at least 5 psi of boost on stock injectors and ECU with a fuel return and 255lph or 340lph pump. Post some good quality pictures of the engine bay and also describe what gauges you have setup for monitoring it.
so rn all i have is a boost guage (not setup)
And an a/f guage
Both AEM
Ill post pics when in a few

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I've got an old Walbro GS342 255 liter/hour "high pressure" pump that fits right into the original toyota fuel pump hanger assembly. Made 470whp on E40 fuel, but should do ~550whp on gasoline. It's old but was working fine when removed (upgraded to a Walbro 450). I'll sell it to you for very fair money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got an old Walbro GS342 255 liter/hour "high pressure" pump that fits right into the original toyota fuel pump hanger assembly. Made 470whp on E40 fuel, but should do ~550whp on gasoline. It's old but was working fine when removed (upgraded to a Walbro 450). I'll sell it to you for very fair money.
Located where?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE Spliced o2 to main, car ran actually better but went back to running wicked lean after it warmed up.
still have not installed Fuel Pressure Regulator.
Still on stock injectors and fuel pump.

was supposed to grab a walbro 255 from a friend but he never got back to me.

any idea what i absolutely have to do to get this to run 100% on a stock ecu and injectors?

or would it be also wise to grab 7m-ge injectors.

·
5,444 Posts
UPDATE Spliced o2 to main, car ran actually better but went back to running wicked lean after it warmed up.
still have not installed Fuel Pressure Regulator.
Still on stock injectors and fuel pump.

was supposed to grab a walbro 255 from a friend but he never got back to me.

any idea what i absolutely have to do to get this to run 100% on a stock ecu and injectors?

or would it be also wise to grab 7m-ge injectors.
So you put a regulator with a fuel return to the tank? Did you convert the voltage to the pump to full 12v? Also what did you set the pressure to?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So you put a regulator with a fuel return to the tank? Did you convert the voltage to the pump to full 12v? Also what did you set the pressure to?
Ive done none of this. Was asking what needs to be done next so im assuming thats a few right there.

can someone cop me a list on what to do? Or link? I got smooth brain and need stuff layed out in front of me to do stuff :/

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
499 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts