Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just finished putting all my turbo stuff on my 2002 is300. Was running and driving perfect, making good power on 5psi. I drove through a puddle and didn't know my bottom innercooler pipe was off and sucked up water. Limped it back home (roughly a mile) and I got all the water out, changed my plugs out, but still is misfiring really bad. I started the car and unplugged the maf and that wasn't the problem.
P0300
P0301
P0302
P0303
P0110
Those are the cel lights I got right now, I had o2 sensor codes as well before I reset the codes.
Trac off is flashing, and the cel light flashes then goes solid.
I ordered a wire in o2 sensor simulator that I want to wire into the ecu.
I have 3 spare engines in my shed that I was thinking of swapping all the coil packs and wires onto the one in my car to see if maybe the coils are not getting spark? Any kinda help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2005 Lexus IS300
259 Posts
well considering the p0110 code id replace the maf. if water got in it can mess with the sensor with all else considered id assume that. The maf is a temp sensor and air measurement sensor. also the wrong heat range plugs can cause a misfire but typically id see that across all cylinders.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well considering the p0110 code id replace the maf. if water got in it can mess with the sensor with all else considered id assume that. The maf is a temp sensor and air measurement sensor. also the wrong heat range plugs can cause a misfire but typically id see that across all cylinders.
Oh okay, well I search for a new maf then! I'll post any updates after. Thanks man! 🤘🏼

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Thats what i was thinking as well, intake air temp sensor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright so I bought a new maf and that wasn't the problem. So I unhooked my battery to reset the ecu, car runs good for about 10 mins then does the same crap and starts misfiring again. I got mad and walked away for a day. Came back to it the next day after not messing with it and It runs like a dream! I even gave it a rip/drive for about 20 mins and it didn't skip a beat. My o2 simulator is still coming soon but if it's not misfiring then I'll just keep the o2 sim around just in case. Idk how it can be running good now and not good just a day ago?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Maybe, you just had to wait until all the extra fluids you sucked up dried out or out of the system. Turbo systems are very sensitive with stuff being added, in your case water, to the air/fuel. With the extra water, it might cause the ecu to freak out because of the different mixture and throw misfiring codes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe, you just had to wait until all the extra fluids you sucked up dried out or out of the system. Turbo systems are very sensitive with stuff being added, in your case water, to the air/fuel. With the extra water, it might cause the ecu to freak out because of the different mixture and throw misfiring codes.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, I thought maybe the o2 sensors needed time to relearn casue of the turbo possibly? I will dve the car a little more today and see if it starts acting up again. Thanks for all the help! I'll keep this thread updated if anything changes👍🏼😁

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
If you are running the OEM ECU only then yes it will try to relearn the fuel mix after any change with the o2 sensors, MAF, injectors, plugs or coils. I just about died after changing my plugs and it knocked like a bastard for 5-10 seconds, came right and ran sweet since then. Had similar experience with o2 sensor replacement, first run after and it wasnt running right, next time was fine as it had relearned all the mixtures. Typical OEM "self learning" ECU.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you are running the OEM ECU only then yes it will try to relearn the fuel mix after any change with the o2 sensors, MAF, injectors, plugs or coils. I just about died after changing my plugs and it knocked like a bastard for 5-10 seconds, came right and ran sweet since then. Had similar experience with o2 sensor replacement, first run after and it wasnt running right, next time was fine as it had relearned all the mixtures. Typical OEM "self learning" ECU.
Well I just took the car out for a spin and twice the cel light flashed then turned off. Now the car is running rough again but the trac off and cel isn't on but it's braking up real bad and is idling horrible. Maybe the o2 simulator will need to be put in after all. Any ideas?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts