Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good bay area dealer to take their car in for service. My IS300 has 1k mile on it already. I would like to have it check, especially with my alignment (it seems to drift to the right but very slightly). How about Coliseum Lexus or StevensCreek?

TIA

I read that dealers don't do a good job on the free car washes. Should I get it at the same time?

Edit - Great replies! For future reference, I'll make a list for us N. Cali to go by. Now this is based on our past posts as well as this one. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Good Service
Pleasanton
Fremont (Magnussen)
Oakland (Coliseum)

So So Service
Redwood (Putnum)
Serramonte
Marin

Bad Service
Concord

·
Registered
301 Posts
Collisium Lexus is only opened on the week days. The Lexus dealership in Fremont is not bad. That's where I bring my IS3.

·
Registered
518 Posts
i had my 5k service done at coliseum lexus in oakland, they did a fab job, quick and hassle-free. However, I would advise NOT going to the concord lexus..they treated me like $hit.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Re: N Cali Dealers?

golf said:
especially with my alignment (it seems to drift to the right but very slightly).
road crown could be problem, not the alignment. You shouldn't really know if it's the alignment unless there is unusual wear pattern on the tires.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I agree...Lexus of Concord sucks! I haven't heard one person say anything good about them.

Lexus of Marin is decent, Pleasanton is ok too... :wink:

·
Registered
877 Posts
concord charges 5 bucks more for an oil change, they didnt vacuum my car, and left the "do not wash/no limpiar" sign on my dash when they gave me back my car. oakland was cool, gonna try pleasanton next

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Re: N Cali Dealers?

golf said:
I read that dealers don't do a good job on the free car washes. Should I get it at the same time?
Pass on the car wash if you're the type that hand-washes. To me, it's just too big of a risk to have someone else touching the car. I'm bringing my car in for the 1k w/ a big sign saying DO NOT WASH, and if it comes out washed I'm going to raise hell.

But if you bring your car to the automatic carwashes and all that, then a free hand wash won't hurt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts