Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I know this maybe a NEWB question, But Imana ask it anyway. I have a buddy who think his auto 03' 350Z is ridiculously fast. I wana know if I do the basic N/A such as I/H/E and maybe exhaut cam gear and a SAFC II tuned and dynoed of course, will I be able to keep up with him?

Are there other N/A mods I can do w/o boost so that I can finally rip of that piece of his. Please, let the IS300 gods and mods shine their divine knowledge on me. I just a NEWB wanting to rip on an automatic 350Z with an underbody lights!!!. IS it too much to ask for my E shift IS300. A Nissan over a Lexus? That really grinds my gears :pissed: Thank you all

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
It isnt impossible......but its mostly going to depend on how u race. Give yourself the advantage and only agree on a race from a 30-X roll where you can start at at lease in second.

Of course its going to cost you some money but......

As far as mods, go w/ any intake thats credited. Injen/SRT/JoeZ/K&N...w/e. However definitely go with the FULL Mazzuri system. That'll cover headers and full exhaust. Go with a T/E ESK kit or the valve body upgrade to help u shift quicker. And run the highest octane you can. Make sure your fluids are as fresh as possible. Take out as much extra weight as you can as well, spare tire and w.e else you can think of.

If you can net 215-220rwhp and shed a little weight it should be interesting.

OR, if you'd like, get at least a 50 shot of Nitrous on top of that and youll ass rape him.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Are you serious?...Good luck...

·
Registered
650 Posts
350z got around 280 hp. is300 215 hp. even w/ all the bolt on mods you listed i doubt you'll have anywhere near the amount of the Z. i could be wrong though. just viewing it by HP.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
350z got around 280 hp. is300 215 hp. even w/ all the bolt on mods you listed i doubt you'll have anywhere near the amount of the Z. i could be wrong though. just viewing it by HP.

A stock 03 Auto 350Z wont put down more than 235-240rwhp. A 220rwhp E-Shift with those mods and properly driven can be a thorn up its ass.
And if he decides to go with a little bit of spray, he'll definitely beat it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A stock 03 Auto 350Z wont put down more than 235-240rwhp. A 220rwhp E-Shift with those mods and properly driven can be a thorn up its ass.
And if he decides to go with a little bit of spray, he'll definitely beat it.
Thanks Dude, I definitely love the enthusiasm. He ain't running 280 at the wheels!!! I'll def consider the 50 shot, that'll sleeper shot.

Im wanting boost so bad but I don't have $10k to spend maybe more if I do a tranny swap, considering the pain to do a W56 swap

Plus, Im this close to calling it quits and trading up for a manual 02' E46. Sad to admit it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thanks Dude, I definitely love the enthusiasm. He ain't running 280 at the wheels!!! I'll def consider the 50 shot, that'll sleeper shot.

Im wanting boost so bad but I don't have $10k to spend maybe more if I do a tranny swap, considering the pain to do a W56 swap

Plus, Im this close to calling it quits and trading up for a manual 02' E46. Sad to admit it.
i figured you would have known i meant crank HP but oh well. you can always buy this kit http://my.is/forums/f99/te-s1-turbo-kit-back-sale-w-price-drop-349338/ then clearly you'll spank your friend

·
13,727 Posts
Dude, stay away from the Bimmer. You don't need 10K to go boost, you need that much if you are going 350 hp +. If you pick up a vortech supercharger kit for around 3700 brand new (www.IntensePower.com - Drag - Drift - Street - Show) and a couple grand for add on fuel mgmt or whatever trans upgrades you need and you will be fine. If you want to go over 350 hp, then you need to break out the credit card, cause thats when you start upgrading everything else. And 300-350 hp in our cars is pretty quick. You won't be laying down 12 sec 1/4 miles, but it will be pretty quick on the street. Plus you can work on it, try that with the Bimmer. German cars are a nightmare to work on. Save your pennies foo!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude, stay away from the Bimmer. You don't need 10K to go boost, you need that much if you are going 350 hp +. If you pick up a vortech supercharger kit for around 3700 brand new (www.IntensePower.com - Drag - Drift - Street - Show) and a couple grand for add on fuel mgmt or whatever trans upgrades you need and you will be fine. If you want to go over 350 hp, then you need to break out the credit card, cause thats when you start upgrading everything else. And 300-350 hp in our cars is pretty quick. You won't be laying down 12 sec 1/4 miles, but it will be pretty quick on the street. Plus you can work on it, try that with the Bimmer. German cars are a nightmare to work on. Save your pennies foo!
All you guys are hilarious. That's why I love this community lol. Thank for all the support guys. Im just pissed that I have an Eshift. I wish I had a time machine and get a 5 spd instead.

BTW, is there a consensus here? Turbo or SC for 300-350 at the wheels for the least amount of price and the fun of self install? I might need some help tuning but which way would I go for easiest bolt on mods? Any suggestions? Please enlighten me :bigSmile: I love reading the response I get from all. Thanks advance

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I am pretty sure that your best bet would be NOS, and thats not a sleeper mod in my opinion because i raced my friends jetta vr6 and since he needed spray to beat me (just had half car ahead) after 4th you can hear the sound of the spray.

·
13,727 Posts
Dont hate on the auto, it actually is known for handling more power than the stick.

And as far as boost goes, I think the 10+ grand quotes are way overstated if you keep the boost levels down. If you want 350 + hp then yes, you need to start ugrading your motor to handle the extra power. The 2JZ motor should be able to handle 300-350ish hp with few mods. There are many members on this site that run superchargers or even boost on stock internals with little problems. However, most people seem to want more power when they start upgrading, which leads to everything else that breaks your wallet.

I personally am looking at the Vortech setup myself. Its still expensive, but not 10K expensive. And I would be happy with a little over 300 hp. That beats most of the cars you find on a daily basis.

Nitrous sounds good, but no one on here really knows anything about it. I read posts that say you can run up to 125 shot on stock internals with no prob. A 75 shot would be even safer (wet kit.) But like everyone else, I am worried about hooking up the juice on a daily driver, and not to many people other than OKCIS has run it, or at least filled the forum with useful nitrous info. Add that to the fact that a bottle runs out so quickly makes it not even worth it. I want the extra power all the time dammit!

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Dont hate on the auto, it actually is known for handling more power than the stick.

And as far as boost goes, I think the 10+ grand quotes are way overstated if you keep the boost levels down. If you want 350 + hp then yes, you need to start ugrading your motor to handle the extra power. The 2JZ motor should be able to handle 300-350ish hp with few mods. There are many members on this site that run superchargers or even boost on stock internals with little problems. However, most people seem to want more power when they start upgrading, which leads to everything else that breaks your wallet.

I personally am looking at the Vortech setup myself. Its still expensive, but not 10K expensive. And I would be happy with a little over 300 hp. That beats most of the cars you find on a daily basis.

Nitrous sounds good, but no one on here really knows anything about it. I read posts that say you can run up to 125 shot on stock internals with no prob. A 75 shot would be even safer (wet kit.) But like everyone else, I am worried about hooking up the juice on a daily driver, and not to many people other than OKCIS has run it, or at least filled the forum with useful nitrous info. Add that to the fact that a bottle runs out so quickly makes it not even worth it. I want the extra power all the time dammit!
10K is easy to spend on a build. you can't have 350rwhp with stock suspension and brakes. Coilovers, Wheels, Tires, SS Lines, Pads, Rotors, Fluid, Sways, Strut Bars, Chassis Bars, etc will cost a few $K alone. Sure a cheap turbo/SC kit may run you $4K but you forget all the other things that need to be done as well. $10K is conservative, but I'd save at least 7-8K because if you ask anyone who have built a car, there's always gremlins that will bite you in the ass and cost you a $K or so extra

·
Registered
650 Posts
The Turboeast S1 kit does sound very appetizing. Maybe I can get away with less than 5K with this. Only thing left is the tranny valve upgrade and the tranny cooler and boost gauges
lol i'm actually tempted to sell my toyomoto s/c kit and pick up this turbo kit.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts