Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, is low 14's in a 1/4 mile with NA upgrades extremely hard for a E-Shift? (mabye with a low compression head???) All the normal upgrades, TC, VBupgrade,intake,headers,exhaust,cam gears,ground kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
No, I think you can do it with that actually. I/H/E/C are running 14.8's, so with the TC, which will take off about another .5 second of your time, yeah, it's doable.

sISp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,142 Posts
speedisprecious said:
No, I think you can do it with that actually. I/H/E/C are running 14.8's, so with the TC, which will take off about another .5 second of your time, yeah, it's doable.

sISp
You can whatever you want with money.
 

·
大古古
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
weight is the most important thing (besides the driver that is). why do you think stock RSX's are so fast? but the have the similar power as us? Its posible but your not gonna have power seats :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,142 Posts
Well if you take off appx 300-400 lbs off the is300 and have like 260whp you might be able to hit it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
sexyLexy808 said:
weight is the most important thing (besides the driver that is). why do you think stock RSX's are so fast? but the have the similar power as us? Its posible but your not gonna have power seats :)
Haha. But we own a Lexus, aren't those meant to never leave our car. :p

sISp
 

·
大古古
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
^^ yes thats y so little of us get rid of any weight and just get FI becuase you can somke so many cars but also have your nice leather interior and you can fit more than one person. :Bigsmile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
speedisprecious said:
With what I listed you're only at about $3,500-$4,000.

sISp
Well i was hoping on spending like 3k but if it gets ANYWHERE near 4k fuckit i going boost ^^. Because between HPvs$$$ and NAvsBoost, definetly boost is the most bang for your 4k . But i dont wanna spend 4k yet :D, cuase i then would have to drive to Miami to toyomoto=big$4install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
Sota-is300 said:
Well i was hoping on spending like 3k but if it gets ANYWHERE near 4k fuckit i going boost ^^. Because between HPvs$$$ and NAvsBoost, definetly boost is the most bang for your 4k . But i dont wanna spend 4k yet :D, cuase i then would have to drive to Miami to toyomoto=big$4install.
Alright, well your prices for boost are a little off to say the least though. If you are planning on going to Toyomoto and getting it installed from them, you're definitely talking about $6,000-$7,500. Not to mention you're going to find yourself buying numerous other parts that amount to at least $2,500+. If you are going to go boost, just make sure you have thoroughly researched it because you're going to spend over $8,000 easily, even with a budget kit if you want it to be reliable and safe.

sISp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,142 Posts
If you are looking to boost, you should be looking at a 10k price tag.
That is to boost it right, and have good enginemanagement and tuning.
Imagine a 10k NA set up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
silver5spd said:
If you are looking to boost, you should be looking at a 10k price tag.
That is to boost it right, and have good enginemanagement and tuning.
Imagine a 10k NA set up.
Yeah that setup might not get you the power of a Turbo or S/C, but I would guess that it'd be little maintenance and reliable.

sISp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
Sota-is300 said:
I was wondering, is low 14's in a 1/4 mile with NA upgrades extremely hard for a E-Shift? (mabye with a low compression head???) All the normal upgrades, TC, VBupgrade,intake,headers,exhaust,cam gears,ground kit.
yes it will be extremely hard.......low 14 sec. 1/4's are not common...... when i first got on here and posted my time i was flamed until i posted slips,inside and out of car,and a video to back it up......i have a 5 speed which as a n/a car is much faster than a auto hands down....... now as for lowering you compression for a n/a car would be going the wrong way you will loose power.....if you want to gain power you have to raise the compression......while lowering your compression is for boosted cars it is meant to help the car from detonating and make it easier to tune and safer......higher compression is for power.......good luck though......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,704 Posts
In all honesty my opinion on 14secs in the IS300 is this...The gear spacing on the 5 speed is very crappy for 1/4 runs. You have to shift right before the finish line to 4th (at least in my case, also I am near stock). You loose a lot doing that. I went to the track a couple of months ago and ran some real crappy times. I had too much traction at the track for the stock clutch (smoked it on more than a few occasions). And even after a 5k launch, I could either spin or bog badly!!!. I ran a best of [email protected]~88/89mph cos I just rode out 3rd (against the rev limiter) thru the traps. I ran the same times but with higher trap speeds (91/92mph) when I shifted to 4th. My power mods consisted of the Joe Z intake and Dragger II exhaust. But I could ride out 3rd on the rev limiter, or clutch and just roll thru the traps (in neutral) after third (no fourth gear), or shift into fourth and still run a 15.1 et. Now the weather was bad, it was raining heavily just a few miles from the track and I almost didnt go cos I thought the track would be rained out. Humidity was somewhere in the 70+% range (went higher and finally rained in the night), and the temps were in the mid-low 90s (93* when I last checked). In the car's defence, there was a Neon SRT running a best of ~14.3 at 99mph and an modified (and loud as hell) auto Maxima running a [email protected]/94mph, so yeah we were all running pretty crappy times.

But the IS' gearing is not suited for the quarter mile or 0-60mph stock, so yeah other cars will post faster times, but on the street you will be surprised how close (and possibly even) the IS is to those cars. IMO a 5 speed IS300 with nothing but a 4.1+ rear gear will pull a 14 sec 1/4 mile with some good weather and decent traction.

Come fall (when the weather cools down) low 14s will be mine!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top