Lexus IS Forum banner

n/a is300 fast enough?

11K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  Bezik777 
#1 ·
I'm not a mechanic at all! Alot of these terms and numbers are like a foreign language. I was wanting some advice though,I was wondering how much of a horsepower gain would I get from a SRT intake with race ecu and quality headers and exhaust? Would it need to be dynod? Any info would be appreciated!Thank you! 2002 Is300 auto

#2 ·
If you want any big gains... just save your money and go turbo.

You can get gains otherwise... but without a turbo you'll be paying big $$$ for relatively small gains.

#4 ·
#5 ·
how much power do you want? then we can tell you what mods you need to get that number

#7 ·
thats not asking much at all. mazzuri headers, lightweight flywheel, act clutch and remove some weight from the car. with the right tires can get a 14 flat 1/4. thats only a 30 hp gain and then loose some weight for a second off 1/4 mile time. just throw cams and you could get it i bet probably without loosing the weight.

#9 ·
he said he had an auto.... no this guys not going to be hitting 14 flat any time soon.

#10 ·
best way to improve acceleration is to loose weight. but honestly.... who cares about 0-60. Ive done pretty much all there is to do to a na is and 0-60 does not blow me away at all.

as you can see, 0-60 is not that fast. whats better is its eagerness to rev and to pull at speed.

#11 ·
im saying it shouldnt be hard. i havent paid much attention to 0-60 times for a while and ive also seen alot of people that say they arent getting much out of their cars. ill probably get flamed for posting what i did. if your auto then its probably not worth trying. the auto tranny is a power guzzler or something. also its harder to gain a second on a 0-60 than a 1/4. im not sure how much harder but the mods listed take it from stock which is supposed to be 15 on a 1/4 to around 14 flat and that is only adding 30hp. the car weighs probably 200 pound less just guessing but cams chould do 50hp i believe add the header on top and id sayit would get you close enough if not there. probably search and see what kind of gain people are getting with cams.

#13 ·
it is an auto

#16 ·
then you are going to need to do what i did. its going to cost you 5-7 grand if you dont have any major hiccups

#18 ·
been there done that.... its possible

#27 ·
Even with e-shift, using the emu with really any intake, good header, and cams with cam gear tuned will achieve that goal of 50hp, it's all about spending the time to get it tuned CORRECTLY...that's the key to whp with our cars and the willingness to spend the couple thousand, it can be done for under 5 thousand it's all about looking around for deals on the stuff you want!

#28 ·
Depends on your opinion of fast enough. With my mods listed(intake, full exhuast, suspension goodies, and sticky tires) it would be more fun with a tad more power bit it is still a riot. Burnouts.. no problem, Getting sideways... controllable and fun. Make's for a great daily driver.

I also Solo/Autocross my car and it is actually pretty competitive locally. Pretty fun to have a Lexus 'race car'.

#30 ·
i did the I/H/E thing according to the sticky in the go faster section, and I was a little disappointed from the power gain that I got. So I honestly think is not worth the $$$ and time. My old setup for 2001 auto (brand new SRT intake + mazzuri V2 headers + Ltuned exhaust) gave me a 192 hp and 194 tp on a dyno. And the car was running very rich and smelly, so I decided to take the I/H out and put in a final gear and a LSD. I am much happier with my current setup cuz I like the 0-60 pull and coming out of a turn. So it all depends on your driving style and road condition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.