Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mr. Roo
9,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car started making a loose clicking sound out of the back passenger wheel.

Took off the wheel, everything's fine. Removed the caliper, and then the rotor, and this piece fell out:

I thought it might be a piece of the e-brake, but it's still all intact and functioning. I checked the other wheel, and it looks identical on both sides.

I figure this is just a piece of scrap that somehow got up into the e-brake cavity behind the rotor. Any clue what it could be?

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
the fact it fell off when you took off the rotors might mean it's part of the brake shoe. It kinda looks like a shoe strut. Just based on the fact it has rivets which look like they might hold springs on the other side.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have a functioning ebrake on my car but the spring mechanism is broken off on the drivers side. I've been driving with it like that for like 6 months and even drifted with the thing busted lol. I broke it one day when I was trying to take off the rotor.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Doesnt look like any of the parts in the standard components, what are the chances it was picked up off the road while driving? (or a buddy trying to freak you out? :) )

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just a thought, could it be something like a bracket off the shocks for holding the brake hose in place?

I'm just taking a wild guess based off someone else comment, but looks a little like a mangled version.

·
Mr. Roo
9,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, so after I made this thread, someone posted the same exact thing on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/179809172041079/permalink/1509695109052472

"As far as I know they always fall off and can't be reattached, but serve no real purpose. Bin it mate"

"Goes in the bin."

"Bin^^^"

"It's to hold the cable but it often fails and there is no harm in not having it in there. Even the main dealer tech told me to bin it."

"Mine did same went in the wipeee pile "

"Same happened too me a month ago it's for handbrake spring to rest one I believe so bin for mine"

"I've also removed it...does more harm in it. Toss it away."

just in case it happens to someone else

1 - 15 of 15 Posts