Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it all started about three days ago when i noticed that my passenger front rim had a leaking valve stem. I had it checked and there was no hole so they tested the vavle stem. They couldnt just tighten it they had to take the whole rim off. so i had to make an appointment for friday, (tomarrow).
Well its been getting a little low and i fill it up everyday. This morning i woke up to go to school and looked at it and it was low but drivable for school. I drove carefully then when i got out it was still okay to drive across the street for some air at the gas station. When i got there to fill it up, i noticed once it was full i had a hige knot in the sidewall and two nice flat spots in my chrome lip. It was so bad that air was leaking around the rim. So i drove home and here i am now. What really ****ing ticks me off is they chrome lip and seal that seals the lip to the rim is from the manufacturer. Can anyone answer where that is. JAPAN, my older brother had to get one of his racing harts straitened and no one could reproduce the same shine that came from the company. He used to be able to just spray water and wipe it off and that **** shined no on that rim he has to handle it like alluminum, constantly polishing it so it will stay shinny. Pretty ****ty.
U know talking and venting on this site has made me feel a little better.
If you wondering what i am complaining about here are some pics i had to share with everyone.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by LexusIS4U2NV:
it all started about three days ago when i noticed that my passenger front rim had a leaking valve stem. I had it checked and there was no hole so they tested the vavle stem. They couldnt just tighten it they had to take the whole rim off. so i had to make an appointment for friday, (tomarrow).
Well its been getting a little low and i fill it up everyday. This morning i woke up to go to school and looked at it and it was low but drivable for school. I drove carefully then when i got out it was still okay to drive across the street for some air at the gas station. When i got there to fill it up, i noticed once it was full i had a hige knot in the sidewall and two nice flat spots in my chrome lip. It was so bad that air was leaking around the rim. So i drove home and here i am now. What really ****ing ticks me off is they chrome lip and seal that seals the lip to the rim is from the manufacturer. Can anyone answer where that is. JAPAN, my older brother had to get one of his racing harts straitened and no one could reproduce the same shine that came from the company. He used to be able to just spray water and wipe it off and that **** shined no on that rim he has to handle it like alluminum, constantly polishing it so it will stay shinny. Pretty ****ty.
U know talking and venting on this site has made me feel a little better.
If you wondering what i am complaining about here are some pics i had to share with everyone.
Ok, sorry if I'm not feeling bad about this, but you should have thrown the spare on instead of risking the wheels. Any reason why you didn't?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i didnt hit anything i drove about 10 miles per hour about 3 or 4 hundred feet through thr parking lot and across the street to the gas station. I should have thrown on the spare but it had enough air to get across the street. Actually seeing in the situation i am in now it didnt have enough air.
Now its back to stock for me untill i get a new tire. Maybe a week or so.
I think now that i can do it i already have 245.35.19 all around. I may get two new ones for the rear and get 275.30.19 to widen the back, well just a thought.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, I felt really bad for you so during my lunch I accidently backed into a pole. I now know what you mean about being pissed. Not a damn scratch on her andnow I have this. Hopefully, I can buff it out. Sorry about that happening to you. The stress bubbles are the worst. BTW I have a C2 cap if you are interested.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hopefully it will buff out, i just got back right now from taking the rim in to get it fixed, only cost me 90.00 bucks to get it round again, fix my valve stem, polish it and clar coat it so it will be closr to manufacturer specs, and mount the tire.
it cost me 40.00 dollars alone just to have one tire mounted at discount tire. The Pole Potenza S-02 are a stiff tire and hard to mount. thats 160.00 smacker roons for all four. This place is hooking it up. also i just ordered my new tire it will be here in two days. ill be rolling my 19's again by monday or tuesday.
thanks for the feedback everyone
Dennis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
LexusIS4U2NV
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing