Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though the car is for sale, it doesn't stop me from upgrading my car. :) I stopped by the shop tonight to see how the car is coming along and it's going nicely.

Dropping the car off

the shop responsible for everything :)

New i/c piping with a JDM twist ;)

I/C is mounted a little better. haha

Close up of the "cookie cutter"

Just got another box in the mail today. I have management and fuel injectors and pump coming soon too. If the car sells, I'll cap it at that. If it doesn't, something very big will be making it's way under my hood. ;)

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
lookin good...:approve:

what are the temps during the day up there this week?

be careful tuning, etc in the extreme cold...

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
Kaiyin said:
Make sure you put some type of rubber grommet around the ic piping where it goes through the fender or it will rub a hole in no time at all.

Looks good though, just grind down all those welds! Better lookin than the piping at first though! ;)

·
Back road boosting
3,517 Posts
300iss said:
are you asking what it means?? intercooler...

hopefully you arent though, being boosted yourself.

:lol:
No i ment by the "New i/c piping with a JDM twist" whats the deal with that??

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
its how the welds are, I forgot which company does it like that, Signal auto I think..cant find pics though..dammnit

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the JDM style that I'm using is commonly called the "cookie-cutter" which is basically making the bend out of sectioned off tubing and welding them together. It's the exact opposite of using clean, mandrel bends. :) Just something different that you don't see much. Top Secret and Signal use that style too:

I don't remember exactly what size piping I'm using at the moment. haha Either 2.5" or 3". And I'm most definately adding a rubber grommet to go around the tubing where we cut the hole. Oh, and I can add an air filter now! :lol:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
different, but not my style. lookin good though.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice work Kaiyin,

Nice to see your going for something a little different..

What your calling cookie cutter we call lobster bends.. Its old school mandrel.. I find I can get my bends a lot more precise, accurate and follow most curves .. It flows great, looks good/different just a lot of work at the welding bench..

Looks good..

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the compliments. We finished up all the piping tonight. :)

Many thanks to Chuck at Boost Factory! If you are in MN and want to boost your IS or any car, go to him! Excellent work! Now to put on new injectors, fuel pump, and emanage. I will also be switching to a Supra style intake mani and getting a new exhaust manifold for my new turbo. :)

·
Loped out SUV
1,864 Posts
I thought you were selling the car?? I would hold off on the intake mani and new turbo if you are planning on getting rid of it still.

John, definately a unique look to it. Even tho it's not my style, I still give you credit for doing something different! +REP

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
phil said:
I thought you were selling the car?? I would hold off on the intake mani and new turbo if you are planning on getting rid of it still.

John, definately a unique look to it. Even tho it's not my style, I still give you credit for doing something different! +REP
he went with another car so I'll just keep modding away at mine. :)

Thanks for the compliment. I wish my car could be half as nice as yours.

·
Loped out SUV
1,864 Posts
Kaiyin said:
he went with another car so I'll just keep modding away at mine. :)

Thanks for the compliment. I wish my car could be half as nice as yours.
Thanks man!

Did you ever decide what trans you were gonna go with? Are you gonna stay auto or are you gonna do the R154? Just wondering...

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
phil said:
Thanks man!

Did you ever decide what trans you were gonna go with? Are you gonna stay auto or are you gonna do the R154? Just wondering...
I'm still debating...a built auto would be easier and cheaper but a v160 would be nice because I could get all the axels and diff and stuff from a supra too but it's way too expensive for me. But, I'm not going to start thinking about a tranny till after TX2K7. Right now I'm going to get my new fuel system in, emanage (until I can get an EMS), and try and buy some nice wheels. Those flares I bought from you are crying for some wide wheels! :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you guys need any custom fab for your IS300 let me know.We did this car with pie cuts in the intercooler plumbing,but we could also do it with regular mandrel bends(much easier :p).

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^^word, chuck's the mad scientist behind my setup. :)

Got some more packages from the UPS guy today

1 - 20 of 59 Posts