------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Originally posted by Lexo408:
yay..i got my dealer to make all the windows go down at the same time.....yay!!!

Hey, how did they do that.....i want to tell my dealer to do that.....

------------------
Later

ONYX 01

·
Registered
241 Posts
you mean like the VW commercial? how do you activate all four windows at the same time? can you do it with the key? what did the dealer charge, if anything? thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I really wanted the windows to close by themself after I alarm the car... and turn the key at the door to roll the windows up and down too...

------------------
Solar Yellow 2K1 IS300
BBS RK 18"
Tein HA
TRD's Grill
My Car!

·
Registered
511 Posts
TEG mentioned a few months back that you can program the ECU or Remote with a laptop and software, to do all these cool things, that the factory doesnt standardize. the "all windows, up and down" was one of them. Maybe TEG could refresh our memory. It was way back like in June or july I read it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
this is how it is like on our audis, we reprogram the computer to let us control the windows via remote. lock makes all the windows go up and unlock makes them all go down. pretty cool stuff.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Dealers use a machine to reprogram the computer in the car, this is not cheap and not available for consumers, you should ask them to do this for you at your 1000 or your 5000 mi check up if possible, they might do the first for free, so try to get them to do all of your desired reprograms that time. I believe it is called CBEST but I do not know what or what cannot be done. I am wondering why we haven't heard from the originator of this post yet.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
ANYONE HAVE FRIENDS AT LEXUS DEALERS, WHERE THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET A HACK COPY OF THE SOFTWARE FOR ME, AND OTHERS?

·
Registered
26 Posts
i WAS AT THE DEALER TODAY AND ASKED ABOUT REPROGRAMING THE CAR FOR THE WINDOW ROLLDOWN AND WAS TOLD THAT IT CAN NOT BE DONE FOR THE IS300, BUT IT CAN BE DONE FOR ALL THE OTHER MODELS. HE EVEN PUT IT ON THE MACHINE AND VERIFIED THAT IT COULD NOT BE DONE. IF SOMEONE GOT IT DONE, PLEASE ADVISE HOW.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
like i said there are some things that can and cannot be done. some things that can be done are changing the keyfob to unlock all four doors with on press and not two. or to cahnge the auto off headlight time. i think it is not just a software program, but a whole computer, but i am not sure. and why hasnt the guy who started this come back to shed light on what he means?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
WOULD BE A COOL OPTION FOR THEM ALL TO GO DOWN, BUT THEN WE WOULD BE LIKE A VW

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just out of curiousity how many peoples IS's have the option of opening or closing windows with there keys? I dont think mine does that..which button do yo press the activate it? I miss that feature on my last car.

------------------
Enfatu8
Mil Silver/Black, LSD, 17" Leather and lovin it

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Lexo408....

MAN... TELL US!!!!!!

What do your windows do?
They all auto now?
Do they go down with the key?
What?????????

Also, please at least provide the dealer name and tech name or a way for us to get it done too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I think it was a fake post.... but TEG did mention something about a Toyota CD that can reprogram all these cool options not factory set. TEG hook us up man?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts