Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, heres whats going on the car tomorrow morning.

Brand new JDM flat black headlights (with purple-ish tint on inside reflectors), 9006 HID kit that is rated at 4300K, and aero shield protection against nasty rock chips.

ive been wanting to do this mod for forever.. and now, its gonna happen.. so excited.

will post pics tomorrow after the install.. hehe.

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
nice........ get some pics when the stuff is in.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sexyLexy808 said:
nice........ get some pics when the stuff is in.

definately i will.
i wouldnt just post pics like this and leave all you guys without a finished product.. lol.

i cant believe how much stuff ive done to this new is300.. on my last one, i took forever to mod it..lol.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Awesome and congrats......can't wait to see the pics when installed. :cool:

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Flatline IS said:
Those headlights are going to look so good on your IIP. Have fun with the install in the 100+ degree heat.
ditto

dave you lucky ass I WANT THOSE HEADLIGHTS !!

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
flyfl1pguy99 said:
hey d wanted to know where you got the headlights and how much?

i got them from steve at the LMS meet in his Carson toyota booth.

he offered me a great deal, so i took it right then and there.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
nice! i thought you weren't going to let go of your '05s! so i already replaced mine with new '04s from Steve as well...

·
Registered
902 Posts
Pretty much the best possible option for heads for our cars. I can't wait to see them installed.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well, here are the pics as promised.. i will take a few more up close as soon as the aero shield is fully unfogged from the install, though its really not that bad right now.

here is a frontal pic.. the headlights actually look a little purple-ish because of the purple tint on the inside reflectors.. and just so everyone knows, i did purchase a 4300K hid kit (same color as stock).

again, an up close of the purple lighting.. and yes everybody, i had left the head lights on for over 3 minutes to see if they were gonna get any whiter..lol.

front shot with the lights off/ fogs on.. looks good.. i put back the orange side markers because the clear ones i had didnt mesh well with the flat black headlights and dark chrome fogs.

side shot.. lotsa orange stuff now.. hehe.

shot from inside garage with flash.... looks good.. you can see the purple tint when the lights are off.. it looks pretty cool actually..

another one of the front from an upper perspective.. just a good camera angle imo..

Big props to IRV_USC for the help on the installation.

We started around 9am. It was going really smooth until we realized that we needed resistors for the blinkers.. that took an hour or so of driving from kragen, to frys (which sucks nuts because they only had ONE..).. in the end, we just rigged up a contraption using the holder for the HID bulb from the kit it came with to enclose the remaining blinker on each side.. (you guys will see at the next meet). that way, no extra wiring, and the bulb is self contained and wont leak or explode (i hope).

a few minor glitches with the install were as follows:

1. since the housing is new, its hard to turn and lock the light bulbs into place.. and the mini wedge light is actually upside down when it fully locks into place on the JDM headlights (still works fine though..lol).

2. the blinker socket needed to be modified slightly (clip off one little socket piece) to fit perfectly.

3. the screw pieces for the hidden 2 bolts are a little shorter on the JDM headlights.. needed to modify the inside of the structure to completely lock it in super tight.

other than that, they are wonderful. I really enjoy them and they totally look aggressive and mean.

I will post a few more pics later as dusk approaches. That way, no glare from the sunlight.

=)

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
djobvious said:
WOW +rep those are nice as hell. how much those cost?

JDM flat black headlights = 460 new
Halo HID kit 9006 (4300K) = 220 new
Aero shield kit for headlights only = 50 new

1 - 20 of 84 Posts