Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my TRD sways installed by Steve at LuxuryMotorworks in Monrovia and I must say his shop and service are top-of-the-list. His waiting room has a refrigerator with drinks, and magazines, and a TV. He was very friendly and let me view the installation (from a small distance). If you guys in the SGV need parts installed or need routine service I would recommend Steve. His prices are very low compared to Lexus services and tuner shops.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
How much exactly did he charge you for sways installed?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ÜberPhLuBB said:

He charged me $35. Other shops wanted $80-$100 for the sway bar install.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
stick said:
ÜberPhLuBB said:

$35... for BOTH!?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yea. Steve is a great guy, and larry too. If anyone has any questions or concerns hit me up w/ a PM i'm in close contact/ w/ them

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
^^^ Some of us don't have the time or tools..... Some of us do!!!
I guess it all depends on how you spend your spare time...and what you do for a living.
...anyways...

Steve at Luxury Motorworks is a great Tech!!! He did an oil change for me two weeks ago, on a Saturday when he is usually closed... Great Service!!

I would have did it my self, I have all the tools and knowledge, but I would rather pay the $30 and get it done in 15 minutes.. and then spend the rest of my day with my 10 month old daughter and wife...

Hey Greg, you coming with us on Saturday???

Joe Z :chill:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
xjayx300 v2.5 said:
what a _pussy, I can't believe you didn't install the sways urself...man, you might as well be a woman...

Look you ass pirate, there were other reasons why I went to see Steve, only one of them was to install the sways.

UberPhluBB, yep, both front and rear.

Joe Z, I don't know if I will make it to the meet.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
stick said:
ÜberPhLuBB said:

Damn, that's not bad at all, I would do that, save me some time from installing, but everyone here in SA tune Civics :x Oh well

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
WOW that is a sweeet price for sure. i would pay that just to not have to get all my tools & shite ready & prep the workl space, & then have to clean up afterwards putting shite away etc etc... the actual ainstall takes like 40 min max, but all the other stuff adds like another 40 min at least....so thats definitely a STEAL... .esp compared to that dood who was quoted $400 or some schit!!!!?!?!?!? :eek:
at the ... .drumroll please.... DEALER.... where else???? :x

what is your time WORTH!!!

edg

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^^

Ed, that is very true. The install took about 20 minutes. I have the tools, but time I don't have.

Dave, you were right, Steve and Larry are cool.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
zeindog13 said:
His waiting room has a refrigerator with drinks, and magazines, and a TV.
WOW, thats one hell of a refrigerator. :lol:[/quote]

I know, I tried to word it so the waiting room had each item, not the frig :-? :lol:

·
Registered
448 Posts
stick said:
I had my TRD sways installed by Steve at LuxuryMotorworks in Monrovia and I must say his shop and service are top-of-the-list. His waiting room has a refrigerator with drinks, and magazines, and a TV. He was very friendly and let me view the installation (from a small distance). If you guys in the SGV need parts installed or need routine service I would recommend Steve. His prices are very low compared to Lexus services and tuner shops.
what's the contact info?

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts