Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to post some pictures of my work in progress. It has been about 1 year before the car being work on. I will update this as work move forward. Picture in this post will show engine build, intercooler mounting, abs relocation, intercooler piping, etc. Sorry if pictures are blurry but these was taken with my phone. My spec can be seen below.

GTE Pistons
GTE Rods
GTE Water pump
GTE Head gasket
ARP Head Stud
ARP Rod bolt
RC 720cc Injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Crower valve spring and retainer
Precision T67 DBB Turbo
Spearco intercooler
HKS 50mm wastegate
HKS Blowoff valve x2
HKS DLI
AEM ECU
AEM UEGO Wideband
Blitz ID3 boost controller
3in custom exhaust with Vibrant muffler
V160 Trans

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some progress of today work. We had the piping sent out to get it polish. We also did the dump tube pipe, run the oil feed and return lines.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Awesome man you finally have the tranny in there! Install should have been pretty straight forward if you were already 5 speed. LMK if you have any questions.

PS: I miss the damn tranny. LOL

Reactions: xorb79

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
looking good man, just looking out, i mean i'm sure you know, but dont forget to put the clamps back on. =)

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Im curious, why did you cut up that crash bar?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome man you finally have the tranny in there! Install should have been pretty straight forward if you were already 5 speed. LMK if you have any questions.

PS: I miss the damn tranny. LOL
It been a long time since I purchase that tranny from you. It been almost a year and I barely getting it install. The tranny was not hard to put in. I was already 5 speed.

Im curious, why did you cut up that crash bar?
Orignally, I try to use a bigger intercooler. Instead of removing the crash bar all together, I had it cut but it should fit as it hit the top grill. So I ended up using a smaller intercooler.

·
Registered
349 Posts
lol dang it would have been so much easier probably if i pulled my engine out too =( your doing some good work man!!! cant wait for it to be finished =)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
didn't really get much done today. got back the pipe from getting it polish and put it on. mount the dual blow off valve. now, time to wire up the resistor box and the dli.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Looks good. Careful with the dump. Your motor will rock back and forth and slam that dump against the sheetmetal of your engine bay unless you get some new mounts or some sort of dampener to prevent the engine from moving.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks good. Careful with the dump. Your motor will rock back and forth and slam that dump against the sheetmetal of your engine bay unless you get some new mounts or some sort of dampener to prevent the engine from moving.
Thanks for the advice. I hope it is ok as it was a tight fit but there some room for the motor to move.

looks bad ass. just curious as to why you are using aftermarket fans
I needed new fans because my old one broke. The aftermarket fans was cheaper to get then the oem. Plus, it give me a little more room to work with.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another update but again, not much was done. Still waiting for my Odyssey battery and o2 simulator to come in. Today, we install the DLI, build a bracket for the resistors and wire it up. Also add in motor oil, tranny fluid, and bleed the clutch. We used 2 4cyl honda resistor box as we had few laying around.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts