Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after about 700 miles, my SP67GTQ is completely SHOT! at about 600 miles, the seals started to go bye bye... it was smoking but nothing we haven't seen before. im actually quite surprised that the turbo practically grenaded itself. the shaftplay is so ridiculous i may not even waste my time rebuilding it. it never ends does it? lol

·
Registered
930 Posts
Dam... was it brand spankin new?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I blow turbos like its my job:( I think I have 5..

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
I should stop hanging out in gun forums. I thought someone actually "shot" your car.

·
Apricot idea killer
17,994 Posts
I should stop hanging out in gun forums. I thought someone actually "shot" your car.
Yes. Justin and I even discussed how we think you're in some crazy underground MA militia the other day.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
after about 700 miles, my SP67GTQ is completely SHOT! at about 600 miles, the seals started to go bye bye... it was smoking but nothing we haven't seen before. im actually quite surprised that the turbo practically grenaded itself. the shaftplay is so ridiculous i may not even waste my time rebuilding it. it never ends does it? lol
geez. what do you think is the issue? issue with the oil feed?

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
You dodo, your title is misleading LOL. Call me so I can get you a proper turbo.

I was thinking it was a photo shot of a turbo IS.
LOL me too!

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
lol @ all of you wankers! i titled it just right! lol

traded my old 62-1 to SlayerS for this SP67GTQ. it was freshly rebuilt according to SlayerS. I ran the turbo w/o a restrictor for a few hundred miles. When i noticed it started to smoke, we realized i forgot to put in a restrictor, but by that point, seemed as if it was already too late. What I don't understand is that I have plenty of friends who have driven thousands of miles on smoking turbos so why did mine fall apart so easily?

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
lol @ all of you wankers! i titled it just right! lol

traded my old 62-1 to SlayerS for this SP67GTQ. it was freshly rebuilt according to SlayerS. I ran the turbo w/o a restrictor for a few hundred miles. When i noticed it started to smoke, we realized i forgot to put in a restrictor, but by that point, seemed as if it was already too late. What I don't understand is that I have plenty of friends who have driven thousands of miles on smoking turbos so why did mine fall apart so easily?
Unless ball bearing you do not need a restrictor.

Precision 6765s HERE I COME!
Finally doing something right :p

gonna take 3 years to install it?
LOLOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.