Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had this problem? I thought that my set up would work fine. I got the LE37T's 18x 7.5 all around with a 40 offset. My tires are so3's 225x40. I think that i know what the problem is though. I am lowered with JIC Magic A2's. I think that my problem is that my settings are a little loose. I did this because i wanted a smoother ride. Tomorrow i will be doing some work on it. If anybody has any comments, that would be great.

On a different note the rims look so damn sweet!! :D :D I will try to post some pics very soon. If anyone is thinking of getting these rims, man you won't be disappointed. Oh yeah who is watching the victoria secrets show. :p
-Rob-

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
hell ya, i was watching the VS show...

where are you located because i am getting the same rims as you and would like to know if i am going to have the same problem with rubbing. i am going 18x7.5 in the front and 18x8.5 in the rear but dropped on eibach springs so not too low.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naw dude you should be just fine with that set up. I think i'm lowered 2 inches or so. I'm in the bay area, i will try to post some pics.

·
Registered
611 Posts
i had the same problem
1. Go to Sports Authority, Champs, ETC...
2. Buy a small WOODEN Luisville Slugger
3. Lift your car
4. Take bat to fender, rub all the insides up. Sit in a chair, and rub the bat back and worth on the part that the tire is hitting. Put some elbow grease on it. SHouldnt take too long. Good luck.
peace

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i have the SAME exact setup as you except for the different wheels, they're not here yet but i'm hoping i don't have a rubbing issue, let me know how you fixed your problem

·
Registered
425 Posts
5spd-lexus:

I have the JIC coilovers also and I need to raise it up because my bodykit is being installed on Monday. I also want to soften the ride up a bit. What are the general directions to raising/lowering this coilovers and softening the ride a little. Anyone? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
on the jic's i would raise it up by using the top perch, the bottom perch will adjust the shock travel, as for ride comfort, just use that allen key that came with the coilovers and adjust it to your preference

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey whats up Inochi3, sorry about not gettin back to you about the rims. A buddy of mine just past away a few weeks ago and i haven't really been all their, if you know what i mean. I still haven't heard from that guy with the LE37K's. If you still want to, i can give you there number and you can call them personnally. PM me if you are still interested so i can give you the number.

Is-is-sweet check your PM.
-Rob-

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
don't sweat it, let's just say that i bought a b-day present for myself and few extra goodies, i'll send you some pics when it's all finished

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
5spd-lexus
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing