Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is to every IS300 and BMW 330i owners everywhere!!!! 330 AINT GOT SH*T ON IS300. IT’S A FACT. ADMIT IT. I mean if you have a 330 its a good car, but you just have to admit that IS300 is better, faster, better looking, and chicks just love it.

I was talking to a 330 owner the other day, and I was trying to see what would he answer to my question which was "so don’t you think IS300 is better than the BMW??” at first I didn’t tell him that I own a IS300 so he wouldn’t think I'm just testing him, but I was :lol: . And you know what happened???? He thought about it for a while and he said, "I just hate the IS300, it's stupid." And I could just feel that he knows that IS is better but he just does not want to say it, that’s why he said its stupid.

Then of course I got real mad cuz "ITS ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!" and I said, "Ok then let's race" and then I see him getting all green and blue cuz he got scared. So we went on SATICOY blvd. (for everyone who doesn’t live in LA, SATICOY is like the craziest race street in LA) so we stopped on the RED. And I looked at him and I smiled, cuz I knew he's gonna feel bad after this. So it was GREEN and time for take off.

Now I have the E-shift model, I disabled my TRACTION CONTROL, put my trany on POWER, and shifter to manual mode. And of course I just left him "to gulp down the dust after me". He was like lost. We were gonna go for 2 blocks, and by the time I finished and looked in the mirror he was like in the middle of the second block. I just killed him. He stopped next to me and I said "make sure you tell that to all of your "330 friends". And I just left. So there you go.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I've done that about 9-10 times :). I love picking on the 330 owners that hate our cars. BMW is a rip-off and german cars suck. TOYOTA OWNS. :chill:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
the guy you raced probably doesnt know how to race. according to various magazines our IS300 is in fact slower than a 330ci. that is unless you have mods on your car. but i agree that bmw are very over priced and can easily beat bmw's with few mods

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
You know, 50 years ago, young Americans were scaling ropes on Omaha Beach while getting cut to ribbons by Nazi MGs. Now look at us!
Do something more constructive with your life than arguing over which overpriced slow luxury car is better. :wink:

·
Registered
88 Posts
LexCrazy

Totally BS!!! :lol: BMW 330 is faster and better than IS300.

Check out the links below.

BMW 330 CI 5 speed vs. IS300 5 speed
http://www.car-videos.com/performance/view.asp?ID1=184&ID2=149

-------------------------------------------------------
BMW 330 Ci 5 speed:
Performance*

0 - 60 mph [secs] 6.4
0 - 100 mph [secs] 17.1
1/4 mile [secs at mph] 14.9 at 94.0 NA
http://bmw.jbroadtests.com/3series/2002/index4.php
---------------------
IS300 5 speed:
Performance*

0 - 60 mph [secs] 6.8
0 - 100 mph [secs] 19.5
1/4 mile [secs] 15.1
http://lexus.jbroadtests.com/IS/2002/index4.php

"It took 6.1 seconds to reach 60 mph and 14.8 seconds to run the quarter-mile at 95 mph vs. 6.4 seconds and 15.1 seconds at 93 mph for the 328i."
---- a qoute from http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=39&article_id=3223&page_number=2

You can find more performance numbers on the Internet. Admit the fact that IS300 is slow compare to BMW 330ci... You friend is probably a bad driver that is all.

IS300 was designed to compete with BMW 325 rather than 330.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Lexcrazy...either your friend is a retard who doesn't know how to drive, or you're full of shit. Me thinks its probably the latter. :-?

·
Rollin Boosted
2,801 Posts
got to agree its all driver on that one. The 330 should have taken you if they are both driven by good drivers. And yeah we fought germans but remember pearl harbor.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I ran against a stock 330 on a local byway that has few traffic lights and leads into a major highway. On July 4th I was on my way to a BBQ when someone in a black 330 kept tailgating me and speeding up along side me. He kept doing this to get my attention because I have no tints on my car and his was. When we pull up to the last red light before the byway merges he rolled his window down and asked me if I wanted to race so I humoredd him and ran against him. When the light turned green we both took off and were dead even through first and second gear, in third he started to pull slightly on me then I pull back ahead slightly and more so in fourth. He gave up at that point and left me the victor. Now you're reading this saying that's bullshit cause according to such and such magazine or road&track or car and driver they say the 0-60 time is X amount and that the beemer is faster and blah blah blah.BMW 330, 10 more horsepower 4 less pound ft torque than IS similiar torque and horsepower curves. Like I said it all boils down to the driver of each indiviual vehicle. Certain aspects are dependent upon the car solely like striaght line runs but when it comes to turns and twists someone can be willing to try to push the envelope in a car others would say "WTF are you crazy? in that?" meaning that it is the drivers skill and willingness to push and test the vehicle's limits that causes he/she to outperform the other driver in his/her car.My and his stories aren't far fetched. Now however if i came on and typed that I ran against a Dodge Viper on the highway and murdered him I would be a damn liar, or If i said I killed some guy in his 911 turbo on the highway you could call my bluff especially in an N/A IS300. With serious engine work/high powwered turbo put on it then I could have some truth to those examples. That's all I'm saying. 8)

'03 Intensa Blue Pearl
5 Speed
Bone Stock

·
Registered
209 Posts
[quote='03IntensaBlueBeast] I ran against a stock 330 on a local byway that has few traffic lights and leads into a major highway. On July 4th I was on my way to a BBQ when someone in a black 330 kept tailgating me and speeding up along side me. He kept doing this to get my attention because I have no tints on my car and his was. When we pull up to the last red light before the byway merges he rolled his window down and asked me if I wanted to race so I humoredd him and ran against him. When the light turned green we both took off and were dead even through first and second gear, in third he started to pull slightly on me then I pull back ahead slightly and more so in fourth. He gave up at that point and left me the victor. Now you're reading this saying that's bullshit cause according to such and such magazine or road&track or car and driver they say the 0-60 time is X amount and that the beemer is faster and blah blah blah.BMW 330, 10 more horsepower 4 less pound ft torque than IS similiar torque and horsepower curves. Like I said it all boils down to the driver of each indiviual vehicle. Certain aspects are dependent upon the car solely like striaght line runs but when it comes to turns and twists someone can be willing to try to push the envelope in a car others would say "WTF are you crazy? in that?" meaning that it is the drivers skill and willingness to push and test the vehicle's limits that causes he/she to outperform the other driver in his/her car.My and his stories aren't far fetched. Now however if i came on and typed that I ran against a Dodge Viper on the highway and murdered him I would be a damn liar, or If i said I killed some guy in his 911 turbo on the highway you could call my bluff especially in an N/A IS300. With serious engine work/high powwered turbo put on it then I could have some truth to those examples. That's all I'm saying. 8)

'03 Intensa Blue Pearl
5 Speed
Bone Stock
[/quote]

AMEN

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
craniac24 said:
Lexcrazy...either your friend is a retard who doesn't know how to drive, or you're full of sh*t. Me thinks its probably the latter. :-?
first of all he wasnt my friend you prick, second of all, im telling you what i did, and you can suck my ass if you dont believe in that. :shame:

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
lexcrazy said:
craniac24 said:
Lexcrazy...either your friend is a retard who doesn't know how to drive, or you're full of sh*t. Me thinks its probably the latter. :-?
first of all he wasnt my friend you prick, second of all, im telling you what i did, and you can suck my ass if you dont believe in that. :shame:
You must really want me to suck your ass, because there's not a chance in hell that you "killed" him by a half a block as you say. If you told us that you beat him by a half a car length, we might be able to digest that as at least POSSIBLE, (although not likely). But the fact that you claim to have made him "gulp the dust down after you" makes you a complete and utter homosexual attention whoring fucktard.

Anymore questions?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
With vehicles that closely matched in specs weight etc, etc the only deciding factor is the driver. I could of easily been driving the 330 BMW and been saying that I beat the guy in the IS. Both cars are great if you own a 330 BMW cool if you own an IS cool. With cars this closely matched the is no better car just the better driver.There's nothing more to it than that.

'03 Intensa Blue Pearl
5 Speed
Bone Stock

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
craniac24 said:
lexcrazy said:
craniac24 said:
You must really want me to suck your ass, because there's not a chance in hell that you "killed" him by a half a block as you say. If you told us that you beat him by a half a car length, we might be able to digest that as at least POSSIBLE, (although not likely). But the fact that you claim to have made him "gulp the dust down after you" makes you a complete and utter homosexual attention whoring fucktard.

Anymore questions?
And this is coming from somebody who calls clear sidemarkers a modification. You wouldnt know a fast car if the damn thing hit you at a intersection.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Aubie83 said:
craniac24 said:
lexcrazy said:
craniac24 said:

Anymore questions?
And this is coming from somebody who calls clear sidemarkers a modification. You wouldnt know a fast car if the damn thing hit you at a intersection.
Aubie, my car may be slow but I can always get a turbo. You on the other hand have a fat head, manboobs, a combover from hell, and a girlfriend who is going to dump your sorry ass the minute she lands at college. There is no hope for you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
craniac24 said:
lexcrazy said:
craniac24 said:

Anymore questions?
gotta agree with craniac24 :lol: :lol: :lol:

killed him by a half a block... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
craniac24 said:
Aubie83 said:
craniac24 said:
lexcrazy said:
craniac24 said:

Anymore questions?
Aubie, my car may be slow but I can always get a turbo. You on the other hand have a fat head, manboobs, a combover from hell, and a girlfriend who is going to dump your sorry ass the minute she lands at college. There is no hope for you.
f*ck ya'll who dont believe in that. i know what i did. and i dont give a sh*t if the guy had a 400 pound rhino in his car or something, I killed him anyway, and i dont give a shit if the guy cant drive, i killed him.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
craniac24 said:
Aubie83 said:
craniac24 said:
lexcrazy said:
craniac24 said:

Anymore questions?
f*ck ya'll who dont believe in that. i know what i did. and i dont give a sh*t if the guy had a 400 pound rhino in his car or something, I killed him anyway, and i dont give a shit if the guy cant drive, i killed him.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.