Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months (and I mean months) of a stereo equipment sitting in my room i finally got them installed.

The equipment:

Eclipse AVN5335 - beautiful fit, looks factory. the navigation is a bit confusing but I am getting used to it.

Speakers (front) - MB Quart Q series QDS216 - my god do these things just rock!! They are so loud! amazing the sound that comes out of them! the rears are stock.

Subwoofer - MB Quart reference 8" sub - its ok, does not go low enough, certain songs like rock music it sounds great but hip hop and dance sound like crap, i thought my stock speakers has more bass!! I still have to tune it i guess. I know the 8 was not going to give me earth shattering bass but still a little better than stock at least.

Amp - MB Quart RS4200 - 4 channel amp, great for what it can do, its powering the whole system except the rear, thats being powered by the head unit.

All the install was done at a shop in Warrenville , IL called Soundz Plus. Very very clean job on the install and very fast, off by one day but better than other shops. They have worked on many IS's before so they knew the car inside out. In fact they worked on another .netters system and I liked it so much thats why I went with him...

Anyways here are the pics:

Big thanks to Marty @ soundz plus, PM me if you need his info.

Thanks

·
8,880 Posts
Looks really good! :approve:

·
Registered
79 Posts
wow very impressive

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
That looks hot. Nice job.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
do you still have your front door speakers hooked up? Too bad I have a manual cause those kick panels look nice.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
nice setup... i use the dead pedal alot though on the freeway, I'd hate to use the speaker as a dead pedal LOL..

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Looks good. It may have been louder if you faced the sub towards the trunk. I have two 12's and they are 2x's louder facing the trunk.

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Clean install Najib.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys alot for the comments (and the rep ;) )

yes the kick panels were custom made, i am very surprised by the way they turned out, they are amazing in person!!! He took the orginal plastic panel and molded a piece on to that to make the kick panels. I really do miss the dead pedal but the difference in sound is amazing!! It must be heard to really understand it. I still have the stock front speakers sitting in the car so it looks like stock!!

I wanted the sub to fire inside becuase it is such a small sub that if i left it in the trunk i dont think it would make that much of an impact. Now taht it has had some time to break in it does sound a little better, still need to get it tuned though.

Again thanks guys....

·
Registered
832 Posts
Looking good bro, hey Najib did you get the front bumper/lip fixed.

-Shawn

·
Registered
973 Posts
Liking the kick panels man. GOod Shit!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
3KGTO said:
Looking good bro, hey Najib did you get the front bumper/lip fixed.

-Shawn
Hey whats up man, I am still waiting for the lip to come, i-m-racing finally got some in and they said it should be here by monday or tuesday, we will see, thanks for asking....

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Najib, from the install pics, it looks like your sub is just placed in the ski pass and not sealed off from the trunk. THe reason your sub doesnt hit how you want it is due to cancellation. If you seal off the sub from the trunk so it leaks no air between the cabin and trunk, you will get much much better results.

Give it a try!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Malekreza11 said:
Najib, from the install pics, it looks like your sub is just placed in the ski pass and not sealed off from the trunk. THe reason your sub doesnt hit how you want it is due to cancellation. If you seal off the sub from the trunk so it leaks no air between the cabin and trunk, you will get much much better results.

Give it a try!
Hey thanks for the advice man! The sub is in a box behind the ski pass, so it is in enclosed box, i think after a couple of hours of klistening to it it sounds better now. I still have to tweek the amp....

Again thanks for the advice....

·
Registered
645 Posts
m3thod said:
do you still have your front door speakers hooked up? Too bad I have a manual cause those kick panels look nice.
Hey, don't feel too bad about having a manual, at least you'll have something to listen to as you pass him on the freeway. :)

Nice setup!

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
I did a similar setup for myself not too long ago where i created a box to have the sub sit behind the ski pass. It is crucial for the sub to be sealed off from the trunk or cancellation will defeat majority of your bass.

If you listen to your system with the trunk open, you will see that it sounds much better.

And when you tune your amp, use a volt meter with a 65hz test tone to get it to the proper level.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts