Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my sister backed into my car this evening. The good news is, it was a SUV so it was high enough to miss my Elixir front bumper..... TG. The spare tire on the back of her SUV put a nice dent in my hood though. Oh well, I felt bad because she was crying over it because she knows how much I love this car. It's really no big deal... it's just a hood. I feel for her because her daughter (my niece) wrecked their other car this week and she had to claim it on the insurance. I am trying to help her out so she doesn't have to claim it.

Anyone selling a hood??

In her defense, we were all at my parents house and she thought I already left. Looked through her rearview mirror and saw nothing. My car is too low to see from her SUV.... oh well, bad luck I guess.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Damn sorry to hear Greg. Guess its time for a carbon fiber hood?

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Sorry about the hood, maybe it time for a CF hood.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
doodlebug said:
Looked through her rearview mirror and saw nothing. My car is too low to see from her SUV.... oh well, bad luck I guess.
She shouldnt be driving a vehicle that big if she cannot see a car behind her. Thats pretty irresponsible, and exactly why I hate SUVs. Reguardless, understanding its your sister, very good plan not to go through insurance or give her a bigger head ache.

If there are any junk yards nearby I'm sure you may be able to find an IS without front end damage. If its not too bad a body shop might also by able to repair it for a reasonable price. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
sorry to hear that X.X you might also want to check out for any frame damage.... who knows somethings might of been pushed out of place or something, and which could also lead to some headaches with some fitment problems with the hood

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Po1ntblank said:
sorry to hear that X.X you might also want to check out for any frame damage.... who knows somethings might of been pushed out of place or something, and which could also lead to some headaches with some fitment problems with the hood

Zero frame damage. Basically just looks like someone threw a baseball at the hood. I'll post pics if I get bored, but I have a very busy weekend. IMPRIMIS, I will be contacting you shortly.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
what everyone else said.. i say import an elixir hood ;) or try to get one custom like it ;] its hot!

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Damn, Greg... That is terrible!!!! Good thing the Elixir was spared.

As far as teh hood is concerned... You are in luck. I just so happen to have 2. A white one and a silver one. You can have one of them. Give me a call and we can work something out as far as getting it to you.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
S'ok.
It's your sister.
And it's just a hood.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
I know!! Way out of my range, id rather throw down an extra grand or two and get some F/I. Then i could just blow the hoods right off other cars and they woulnd even see what kind of hood i have :bigSmile:

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
doodlebug said:
Zero frame damage. Basically just looks like someone threw a baseball at the hood. I'll post pics if I get bored, but I have a very busy weekend. IMPRIMIS, I will be contacting you shortly.
Awesome

I just got it back to my fathers garage, just let me know ....

just needs some TLC to be 100% :cool:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry man... that blows. I can relate a bit. My father backed into my '93 MR2 back when it was brand new w/only 200 miles on it. Being upset is a whole other story when it's your own family member - near impossible. Though sounds like it may turn out to be a win situation for you with a schweet new hood.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sorry to hear Greg. I know exactly how you feel, last summer my now ex-gf's sister in law backed into my parked car with a pt cruiser and caused 12k worth of damage. But since it, at the time, was practically family, all I could do was sit there in shock. Good luck with getting it fixed, keep me informed as to what goes on. PM or IM me if you need anything.

Thanks,
Dan

PS. No matter what you will always be my preying mantis

1 - 20 of 22 Posts