220hp, 220tq

Word.

Whats that equal on a Dynojet?

It is an auto.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They did the tuning with the wide band 02 sensor, etc.

3rd gear, I believe.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
mattssi said:
They did the tuning with the wide band 02 sensor, etc.

3rd gear, I believe.
3rd gear will show less hp than you actually have, *I believe*, plus how much do your wheels weigh? that may factor in big time as well!

I think GTE or someone said that 1lb of rotational mass = 1 hp wasted, since the stock wheels are 21lbs, if you were to get lighter wheels that weighed in at 16lbs. or something, you would "free up" about 10rwhp.
If your custom wheels are heavier, you have caused a loss due to the weight.
Do you have idea how much they weigh?

Don't quote me on those figures, but I *believe* they are correct.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know exactly what they weigh, but I know they are heavier.

Also, like I mentioned above....I hear the mustang dyno tends to show less hp than dynojet.

Is this a true statment? and why?

I guess the stereo equipment and stuff plays a nice role too.

I need to borrow the s/c from ya.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
mattssi said:
I don't know exactly what they weigh, but I know they are heavier.

Also, like I mentioned above....I hear the mustang dyno tends to show less hp than dynojet.

Is this a true statment? and why?
I haven't heard about the Mustang dyno to know why this is. sorry, just don't know.

I guess the stereo equipment and stuff plays a nice role too.
Well, the stereo won't play any role on the dyno, cause your not moving any weight at all. the car could weigh 5000lbs and that still would change anything on the dyno per say. But since the wheels are what is spinning to put the power the to rollers, they have rotational mass that plays a big part in the results if they are much heavier.

I need to borrow the s/c from ya.
:lol: <--- that's all I have to say about that!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
interia load dynamometers results can't compare to a dynojet dynamometers results, but from what i have seen and experienced, i think they end up reading a bit lower, how much lower i do not know. you should just take it to a dynojet equipped shop, anyways here is what i found from a search excerpt that backed up my original thoughts

" A Mustang dyno is different than a Dynojet since it is a load bearing dyno. I don't want to get into the specifics, but basically a Mustang dyno can do a lot more cool things and they usually give lower dyno readings. "

always remember that anything with the word "mustang" in it, is bound to be worthless anyways :D - j/k

-gte

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was tuned...thats' why it was at the dyno anyway.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I fooled them with my license plate. It says Lexus SI. good one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts