Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just had a noob moment.. I was in my garage having a smoke and was checking out my wheels that I've had off through winter just stacked against the wall..
I decided to take a look at the backside of the rim and found something that came to be quite a shock to me.

A bit of history on my wheels; I purchased these almost a year ago from rbwheels. They were advertised as 18x8f and 18x9r with a +50 offset all around.. well here's what I found tonight after having owned this set for as long as I have:

I don't know if it was the fact this was my first set of wheels and I was too excited to really look, or just my stupidity but according to these stickers I don't quite have what I thought I had? Maybe the stickers are wrong? Possibly just a re-tard.. I just don't know anymore lol

Go easy on me ;)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I've got a couple pics ill post right now but nothing that's too great.. I only rubbed slightly in front on the fenders and rarely if ever in the rear. Ill see if I can't find some better pics a bit later since these are pretty old and crappy.. is it common for people to put false stickers on? I'm confused and tired, its time for bed..

·
Registered
427 Posts
There's no way the rears would fit with just a roll and a pull.

You need at the very least a +45 on a 9" wide rear wheel. Sticker says +22 on 11" wide?

Someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
hmmmm. What size tires were you running? If you were running none stretched tires and no rubbing especially in the rear, it could be possible that stickers were switched when they had them refinished. They look like they have been taken off from the pics.

·
1,334 Posts
Hey Monty, my vote's on the stickers were swtiched with different wheels while they were getting refinished. The sizes that were advertised sound about right.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Monty, when you received the wheels from rbwheel did it have a bunch of writing on the barrels?

Mine were from rbwheels as well and I comfirmed with Jack @ rbwheels that they were resized (Wheels taken apart and barrels swapped). Luckily for me my stickers matched the specs that I bought.

I measured and confirmed my offsets and sizing.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
18x8f and 18x9r with a +50 offset all around..
You're lucky they weren't actually those specs. Because it would hit the front suspension and rear suspension at those offsets!

I can't quite tell from your side shots... The front may acually be a 9. But I'm pretty sure the rears are not 11s.

Would be interesting to find the real specs on those wheels.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
You're lucky they weren't actually those specs. Because it would hit the front suspension and rear suspension at those offsets!

I can't quite tell from your side shots... The front may acually be a 9. But I'm pretty sure the rears are not 11s.

Would be interesting to find the real specs on those wheels.
I'm almost certain that Monty's wheels are the exact same specs as advertised when he purchased them. 18x8 and 18x9 +50

I've seen several sets come from rbwheels with those specs. They tend to resized them for S2k fitments.

Mine are the same specs and came from rbwheels as well. But my stickers match, As mentioned, I've measured and confirmed my specs. Along with that, I also contacted Jack at RBwheels and he confirmed that they were resized and the specs are correct.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
RB changes barrels often on wheels u buy from them...if they recieve a set they know that they cant repair, they swap them out...they have so many barrels, lips and faces at the warehouse its fricken insane!

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
RB changes barrels often on wheels u buy from them...if they recieve a set they know that they cant repair, they swap them out...they have so many barrels, lips and faces at the warehouse its fricken insane!
Yup! I've found out that they have MANY WORK barrels and parts. good source to go to if anything ever happened to my wheels. :approve:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
they do tend to swap out alot of faces and barrels if they are beyond repairable. i was going to purchase a set but found this out and opted not to.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.