Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have had a few run in's with my car lately. I have someone back into me, I cliped a wall, and I had anoter dude back into my hood. So after all of the dust has settled I have decided to paint my car all over again. I know it is a tease so say all of this without pics but I will put them up later. I have a new bumpers, TRD Grill, and a new set of wheels(Lexion 203 19"). The car is fully prepped and I am going to paint all day today and tomorrow with some friends of mine. I will take pics to show. Teh car is a 01 DWP originally. I am putting it back to that color with a little added Blue Pearl to give it some pop. I am also going to paint my dash GGP on the accent parts. I will show picks when it is all done......

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Good luck on your project, post pics when all is done. :)

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
You're right, shoulda posted pics....

Good luck with the project, hopefully with your new paint job people
will stop smashing into you.

IMO, paint the roof black... I friggen love that look.

j

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
good luckwith the project get some pics ;)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Gl!!!

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well after all day painting it did not go good in the end. I am going to have to wait till tomorrow to paint the pearl and the rest of the clear. The DWP went on with our a hitch, but the problem lies with the pearl mixed with the clear. I got a few bugs in it and we are sanding it down with 2000 grit tomorrow morning and reshooting the pearl/clear coat in the AM. Then it is time to start with the 4 other coats of clear. I decided not to skimp on the clear and shoot a 4000.....Sorry no pics as of yet. Only one small run ont the grill on the inside and that is it.....I am stoked....

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
texis_300 said:
Well after all day painting it did not go good in the end. I am going to have to wait till tomorrow to paint the pearl and the rest of the clear. The DWP went on with our a hitch, but the problem lies with the pearl mixed with the clear. I got a few bugs in it and we are sanding it down with 2000 grit tomorrow morning and reshooting the pearl/clear coat in the AM. Then it is time to start with the 4 other coats of clear. I decided not to skimp on the clear and shoot a 4000.....Sorry no pics as of yet. Only one small run ont the grill on the inside and that is it.....I am stoked....
You're painting it without a booth?

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
lol yeah i was thinking that..u painting it in a garage or something?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is a 24X24 that used to be a garage, and is now serving as a paint booth. It is sealed up except for when you open the doors, obviously. Seperate room for the compressor, there is ventalation in the garage, as well as fans provide the necessary draw for the overspray. All PPG Paints ae being used........ Everthing is going on in a two to one per manufacture specs.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well we finished shooting the clear on Sun. and it turned out good.....better than I thought. We still have to wet sand and buff it out but there was only one run inthe clear and that is in the pass. front fender near the rocker panel. I will post up pics of it after all is said and done. I know how critical .netters are so I don't want any undue shizit from ya'll........

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Sounds like an awesome color combo. Can't wait to see the pics. I think GGP wheels would help tie in the dash painting with the rest of the vehicle. Just a thought. Then you could go a step further and do Headlights, fogs and tails also in GGP.

I think if I painted cars, my car would be a different color every 6 months.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the GGP waiting but I was not ablet o pull the dash and paint the car all at the same time with what we had to work with. The dasd will have to wait 'till around thanksgiving. I have the paint so no worries. As far as the wheels I would have painted them to matchthe car but I ralized looking at it that it would have been TOO Much white. As it is it is hard to look at the car in direct sunlight without sunglasses.....lol BRIGHT!!!!!

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
someone drop me a pm to host the pics and I will send them.......the old and the new

1 - 20 of 22 Posts