Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long overdue, it's time to unveil my IS3! I've held out all this time....no performance mods.....until now. All I could say is...WOW :eek:
Quick acceleration + increased HP and torque + smooth shifting = driving excitement.
It drives so smooth and so quiet....all u hear is a slight whine of the s/c doing its work. Everyone who has driven it shares my enthusiasm. This kit will be a sleeper. Open up the hood....a quick glance would appear that everything is stock.
Enough talk...I'll just let the pictures do all the talking. Thanks to Mike and the PLP family!!! :D

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
bubsIS300 said:
Long overdue, it's time to unveil my IS3! I've held out all this time....no performance mods.....until now. All I could say is...WOW :eek:
Quick acceleration + increased HP and torque + smooth shifting = driving excitement.
It drives so smooth and so quiet....all u hear is a slight whine of the s/c doing its work. Everyone who has driven it shares my enthusiasm. This kit will be a sleeper. Open up the hood....a quick glance would appear that everything is stock.
Enough talk...I'll just let the pictures do all the talking. Thanks to Mike and the PLP family!!! :D

:eek: :p

·
Registered
499 Posts
Congrats!

What kinda wheels did you get? How wide are they? Do you think they are wider than stock are needed for your setup?

Have fun!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Simply beautiful all together....I really like this car...nicely done..Enjoy and drive safe!....
-Matt

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
glogik said:
Congrats!

What kinda wheels did you get? How wide are they? Do you think they are wider than stock are needed for your setup?

Have fun!
rays versus spada wide....i think 18x8 and 18x8.5........

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
Very nice man! Congrats! How long have you been driving it? Have fun and boost on.

Oh, I almost forgot, any numbers?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
1NewLexIS300 said:
glogik said:
Congrats!

Have fun!
rays versus spada wide....i think 18x8 and 18x8.5........
You are correct. They are Ray's Versus Turismo Spada Wide's. They are 18x8 in the front with 225/40(I think) and 18x9 with 255/35's. I am pretty sure. Cant remember exactly. But I should know, they used to be mine. :wink:

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Francis i love it, got to see it last week at the shop.....

u still have ur works, i would like to look at them, im starting to regret my purchase.

David

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks to all for the compliments. its been a blast driving. i don't have any numbers yet....been very busy with work and everything. as for the n. cali people....my car will be at the PLP grand opening this weekend. this is definitely an event u don't want to miss. you'll be able to see both versions side by side and decide which one is best for u.

david.....sup man. still got the works. i haven't really decided whether i'm going to keep it, but its in my bro's car which will also be at the opening.

aubie83....how's it going....how do u look those wheels....brings back ol memories huh?

francis

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Your car looks great. Very subtle but definitely noticable. It looks like you have the Powerdyne kit. Obviously it's an improvement over stock, but is it enough power for you? It your car fast enough? Or do you think you'll be wanting more power like....very soon. I've been thinking about buying this kit myself, but not sure if the gains will keep me happy.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Very nice and clean setup. Trust me, you'll be wanting more power later cuz it's never enough. Boost is like crack, once you start you'll always want more especially when you get beat by another car :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i knew that the powerdyne kit will not be upgradeable. however, i feel that i've made the right choice. i'm not looking for huge HP gains cuz otherwise i would've gone with the vortech since that kit will be upgradeable. there is definitely an increase in power which is all i'm looking for. any future upgrades will probably be just a header. otherwise, i'm very happy with the gains.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts