Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting an Audiobahn A8351 head unit which plays cds, dvds, mp3s, have a 7" wide screen, is satellite ready, and has many other great features. I will get 2 Audiobahn 12" Pro Compression Aluminum Piston subwoofers (1,000 watts rms each) operating at 4 ohms in an OBCON Godzilla GZ122 subwoofer enclosure. 2 Rockford Fosgate Type RF XC7 amps (1,000 x 1 @ 4 ohms each) will be powering the subs. You can see the sub enclosure at http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/OBCGZ122. Do you think this sounds like a good system. Thanks for any info. :D

·
Registered
975 Posts
Re: My plans for a system(Do you think this sounds like a go

LEXTASY01 said:
I was thinking about getting an Audiobahn A8351 head unit which plays cds, dvds, mp3s, have a 7" wide screen, is satellite ready, and has many other great features. I will get 2 Audiobahn 12" Pro Compression Aluminum Piston subwoofers (1,000 watts rms each) operating at 4 ohms in an OBCON Godzilla GZ122 subwoofer enclosure. 2 Rockford Fosgate Type RF XC7 amps (1,000 x 1 @ 4 ohms each) will be powering the subs. You can see the sub enclosure at http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/OBCGZ122. Do you think this sounds like a good system. Thanks for any info. :D
Haven't looked at the box, but it's all crap.

RF used to be good back in the days, but they keep braking down.

Audiobahn spends too much time with making it's stuff look pretty, instead of better, to people who don't know any better.

Sub enclosures need to be matched up with the subs being used (size, port length, diameters), and sub vary from model to model. No one box can be perfect for all of them...OK, took a look at the box...with the ports, chances that the ports are even cloooooose to what will be required for the spk will be- ZERO!! The plexi glass is screwed in. So you'll need to peel the carpet away from under it and glue the glass to the wood to make sure it is sealed tight. I've always found OBCON to be junk, though they seem to have improved (I say this because they are using better/thicker wood). But it looks like they still are not put together well. But, I recommend getting a regular sealed acoustic suspension box made. They usually sound the best - and you'll save a lot of money.

·
Registered
159 Posts
lol....JL and Audiobahn is all people on this forum wanna buy. If that is what you're going to upgrade to then why bother?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts