Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally made it back down to PFS for my race gas tune now that the engine is broken in. The car is very healthy and made 653RWHP and 600RWTQ at just under 29PSI on C16 and my GT35R! The nice part about it all was I made over 500ft/lbs of TQ at just over 4k! I had Ray overlay the 29 psi vs. the 26psi. At the track both passes were at 26psi. The overlay included the closest we had to 26psi. As you can see at 27 psi I mad 639RWHP 564RWTQ. Next time I go to the track, Ill dump the C16 in a few miles down the road so I can make sure the boost level is set before I get to the track. You all know the details of my car. Nothing has changed, except my addition of a catch can. Just in case here’s the basics:

Built bottom End (by PFS)
GTE oil pump ported by MVP
Supertech, titanium springs retainers
HKS 264 cams (intake and exhaust)
Greddy cam gears
Stock Throttle body and Y-pipe (I still have DBW!!)
Return fuel setup with AEM FPR
Dual fuel pumps
72lb/hour injectors
Garrett GT35R with .85 exhaust side
Stainless Tubular manifold
Tial 44mm wastegate
Tial blow off valve
3 ½” exhaust all the way back
Dyno max muffler
TEC 3

These runs were done with only 7500rpm redline. It has now been bumped up to 8200.
Max Power and Torque Run

Overlay of ~27psi and ~29psi.

Reactions: RAVEN

·
Banned
428 Posts
Nice numbers Tom.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Congrats on the numbers...lookin strong

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
excellent numbers by Ray, especially on that turbo...:approve:

who the heck needs a T-72 or 76 like some others recently....:lol:

any dyno video?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Love the car. Nice job. Good luck with it and be safe.

I wanted to know what you mean by "GTE oil pump ported by MVP" ? Do you get higher oil pressure.

Paul

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
thats a very nice power band you have their tom.

I have GT35r as well and my power band is like yours but only 438rwhp :(

I didnt know i could turn up the boost like that and not have more lag???? must be your headwork?? and aem?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Are you sure its not a GT40 as the GT35 only come with the .63,.82 or 1.06 rear but the GT40 comes with the .85 ??

Nice numbers though :)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Def not a GT40. Prob a .82 turbine side.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Myis300t said:
Def not a GT40. Prob a .82 turbine side.

Thanks all.
you probably have this turbo:

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/GT35R

not too shabby for that 68mm turbine.....

and you are certainly at its limit....

and i'm amazed at the power you are laying down....

very very impressively done

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
why are so many people amazed that this turbo can do this. Its a great turbo, has a 0.82 A/R and it spools like a mother fucker, has great power under the curve, great response.. This and the PT67 are the two turbo's i prefer for this car.

Great numbers Tom.

·
Loped out SUV
1,864 Posts
Congrats Tom!! Those are awesome numbers man, and great job at the track this weekend! Wish I could've been there but you know. ;)

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Definitely good to see the awesome numbers your gt35r is pushing :) Not much lag and still some good HP. Niiiiice!

And a noticeable difference from where you were.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Nice numbers man. I like your track time too! A little more track time and your dippin 10's ;)

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
excellent!!your power band looks really good. Shows you how powerful our motors can be once you open up the head :)

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
I'm glad you did not post any pictures of the engine bay. We would have all gone blind :lol:

You already know my thoughts on your set up...lose that stock TB!

Nice work PFS and enjoy your ride Tom!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kuuligan said:
excellent!!your power band looks really good. Shows you how powerful our motors can be once you open up the head :)

I am wondering how much more I will gain If I have the head ported ,polish and flowed. I think I may acutally loose HP because right now my head and the Gt35R are at their limits for efficiency. If I just open up my head, The trubo will not be able to flow the new volume I would need to sustain the same numbers. I may however make more low end torque.

I already have Ti springs retainers and cams. If I have the head doen then I need new valves. How much could I really gain at the cost of at least 2k? I say its not worth it. I feel that the stock head flows just fine for what Im doing right now. In order to really make the best of things I would need to do the following all in one shot"

Bigger turbo GT4088R $2700
Port,Polish head $1500
Sodium filled valves $700
Bigger injectors $500(my72lb/hr are maxed out!)
Dump the TB and have a surge tank intake fabbed up with 90mm TB. 2K

So after I spend another 7,400 and My GF dumps me I can make 800RWHP...HMMM ima get right on it lol.. ;)

I am def gonna stay with what I have now, maybe add a water meth kit so I can run @28psi on pump gas.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts