Lexus IS Forum banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's how I do it now and its lame lol

What's killing me the most is the throttle response. I have to heel toe the gas pedal for what seems like a full second before the engine revs up for a smooth downshift.
Caution! Spoiler! (Highlight to View)

Xcessive Mfg. Makes a throttle body spacer to help eliminate the lag, I found it helps with the heel toe. Doesn't fully fix the issue, but for $25 it's nice to have.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Do you guys have any issues heel-toe'ing with these cars? I cant for the life of me be able to effectively brake and downshift with mine because of the delayed and vague gas pedal feedback, which also feels too low compared to the brake pedal.

I'm thinking of adding a spacer on top of the gas pedal to make it level with the brake pedal and do the typical modifications to increase the throttle response.
I have a hell of a time with it, still working on it, the Figs BBK I just installed made the brakes easier to modulate on the track so that is helping, but the throttle pedal is still down in a hole. Like anything else it can be done with practice, although seems like lately I've just been focusing on trying to get the car to survive the track day. Sheared a motor mount this past weekend lol.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts