Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice car......

But why this backdrop?? Don't you suppose your nice car deserves an equally nice (read clean) background??

Good job though....

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry about the background.........but that was the only place near the hospital. thanks for the kind words...

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
nice, too bad it is an auto, it is very hard to get the autos to go fast.
i assume you got all the 99 pieces because of a car accident with body damage? other wise it would be pretty expensive to convert.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually.........the auto is better at keeping the boost........compared to my friends 5 speed 98 GST......and I did the conversion because my friend owns a body shop......thanks

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Only off of the line because you can power brake it, but then the car falls on its face and the auto trans soaks up all the power.

the conversion looks good.

Originally posted by GOTTURBO:
actually.........the auto is better at keeping the boost........compared to my friends 5 speed 98 GST......and I did the conversion because my friend owns a body shop......thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
True........the auto tranny is not *as* efficient and also has it's ratios spread out farther (5 speed vs 4 in autos).

But don't 4get that slushboxes also have the advantage in shifts as they maintain boost.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
believe me, i saw and drove a 95 auto gsx with a t3/t4 turbo, custom e manifold, huge intercooler, pms, upgraded injectors, etc etc. the car couldn't get lower than a 13.7 . there were people with less mods then him, and smaller turbos running 11's. his car was slow as piss, because of the gear ratios, and the fact that the trans just killed power. oh yeah, he also had a built motor.

i saw him months later bust an 11, but it was because he had installed a 100shot, per my friends suggestion, who smoked him with a lot less $ in his manual gsx.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I owned a 90 Eclipse GSX for over 6 yrs which ran 12.90 @ 105.70 mph on the 1/4 mile. In the DSM club I was involved in http://www.notabusinessracing.org from what we learned the auto just can not take high HP like the manual can and people with the auto nvr ran as fast as the manual. But the auto eclipse is still not a bad car, just not as fast

------------------
Russell
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey Pearl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Russell
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing