Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many IS owners kept their old car and why...

I kept my '92 Prelude w/129K miles mostly because I couldn't get the money for it that I've put into. Figured I would enjoy it for awhile longer. Just wish I had a three car garage so I wouldn't have to park it on the street.

------------------
Tony Mack
'01 SBM IS
'92 Prelude

[This message has been edited by Tony Mack (edited December 28, 2000).]

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
kept my supra cause i don't want to part with it...

kept the integ cause i'm the original owner and i shipped it from hawaii when i moved here...sentimental value...plus...no one wants to buy it the way it is...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra

·
Registered
818 Posts
I still have my 328i because its only 2 years old, and has almost 73000 miles on it. I doubt anyone will want to buy it, so Im probably going to give it to my little brother, if my folks will let him have it.

------------------
Justy
99 328i (for now)
01 IS300

·
Registered
349 Posts
I kept my 90’ Mazda B2600i truck. It probably wouldn’t be worth much for anybody else, but as far as I’m concerned, with 140k miles it’s just getting broken-in! It’s a great dependable second car. Besides, I do have to blend in somehow here in Texas

·
Registered
50 Posts
'94 Mazda MX-6 w/ 106K miles. Still drive it when the weather is $hitty outside or when driving to a bad area. Worth more for that reason then I can sell it for.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
ISsoon...don't give us more reasons to hate you man...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra

·
Registered
301 Posts
Since it is almost always dry here in Southern California, I'm seriously considering getting myself a little Vespa to zip around in. I figure it would be fun.

·
Registered
818 Posts
For a 1999? My dealer tells me I can get at least $20k. I doubt that though, but who knows.
Thanks for the offer though

Originally posted by hasanazhar:
ISsoon, I'll give you $8K for that Bimmer.
email me if you wanna sell: [email protected]

Oh, btw, my second car's a 2000 Supercharged 4Runner Limited, which I absolutely love!!

black/ivory IS300
17"

------------------
Justy
99 328i (for now)
01 IS300

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
What did you do, drive across the country?
How'd ya put so many miles in 2 years. I seriously doubt that you'll get $20K for it. That's only $7K away from a new 325i, which makes 184hp (9 less than the 328i).
I might give you a little more for it if you can give me some more details (mileage, options, color, etc.)...email me your # and we can talk.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Kept my supercharged MR2 because I still want to drive a stick-shift now and then. The IS is a great handling car, but the MR2 is still more fun on twisty mountain roads. Also it is good to have a spare car in case the IS ever needs to have some extended service done. (And if I couldn't get a long term Lexus loaner).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Originally posted by Tony Mack:
Just wondering how many IS owners kept their old car and why...
I kept my 1998 Acura Integra Type-R . The car is the best 4cyl car I've ever had. Don't drive it much cause I got tired of every Honda Civic, Integra, Prelude and Accord with Alteeza lights trying to race me. So me and my wife drive a 2000 CR-V. This is a great SUV.

I kept my '92 Prelude w/129K miles mostly because I couldn't get the money for it that I've put into. Figured I would enjoy it for awhile longer. Just wish I had a three car garage so I wouldn't have to park it on the street.

·
Registered
342 Posts
My other car is a 2000 Eclipse GT. Its for sale, or will be as soon as I get the windshield repaired. I doubt anyone will buy it because of the relatively high miles (48k)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
'94 Toyota 4x4 pickup w/extra cab. Perfect car for hauling misc. items, such as mountain bikes, dogs, junk. Totally practical ride.

Mostly stock except for a KN air filter and Momo Monte Carlos steering wheel (off of my 85 AE86 i.e. Corolla GTS).

Oh yeah, in-dash CD player, amp w/separates up front and 6 1/2" up front.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts