Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Special Ordered my SportCross on October 20, 2003. According to the ordering website, it was to be produced in December 2003. The website for ordering said that 30 days should be allowed for both production and shipment. I talked to the salesmanager today and he said the car had arrived in port, Newark, on January 5th and it should be delivered to the dealership next week!! I am very happy with the surprise early arrival. :D So, it is going to work out to be less than three months from order to delivery. Better than some stories I have read and not bad for a car that had to be built to my specs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Specs

These are the Specs for my almost here Sportcross: BSM exterior, Black Interior.

I ordered the VP value package, full leather, moonroof, power, homelink etc.
LSD
VSC
Wood Switch Plates
Heated Seats
Cargo Net, Mat, Wheel Locks
Std. rims and tires, (5 spoke)
Black Pearl Emblems

Hopefully, the car will make it to the dealership this week and I will be able to pick it up on Saturday. :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
Awesome, and congrats! If there's one thing that i miss the most on my SC it's the LSD. I'm glad to be back in a RWD after a couple year stint with FWD, but without an LSD it's only about half as fun.

question to all: if these cars are made in Japan, why do they arrive in port Newark (NJ)? or do I have the wrong Newark?

-

·
Registered
641 Posts
balance said:
question to all: if these cars are made in Japan, why do they arrive in port Newark (NJ)? or do I have the wrong Newark?
My guess: Shipping on water through the Panama Canal and up north again to the States is cheaper than shipping over land from coast to coast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still Waiting

Well, my timeframe was a bit premature. I don't understand how the car could be in port in NJ on January 5th and not be at the dealership as of January 26th. :cry: Anyway, it is scheduled to be delivered to the dealership today. However, I can't pick it up until the weekend. The dealer said he would deliver it to me during the week if I would come in and sign the papers but I want to inspect the car before I sign anything. Snow is in the forecast for the first three days of this week anyway. Hopefully, I will be driving it as of January 31st.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.