Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after seeing the 430 in person I am not impressed. The person at Toyota in charge of this made the comment this is what the is3 owners want, so we will ship this car to Japan and see what can be done!

My comment to TRD and TOYOTA at Sema was, this is not what is3 owners want, a 55k IS stacked with RMM items. I explained to them that it's a toss up between more power to compete with other cars on the road and more luxury items. My overall impression of the 430 is this

Rims were ugly, paint was not the same from passanger side to driver side, the rear end looked good, looked almost like a duel exhaust was to be there from day 1, the rmm exhausts would not have been my choice but still looked good. Other than the engine being in there, there wasn't much to look at with the is430.

more pics to follow.

David

PS the TRD VIRTUAL DASH ON DISPLAY WAS HAWT!

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
I didn't get to see it. I attended SEMA on the last day!! :pissed: couldn't get out of work at the beginning of the week.

I was only able to see 3/4 of the show. Spent too much time talking to people, and getting the free shiet. (HKS pen was badass)

next year, I'm taking the entire week off!! :crazy:

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only made it to one of HKS's booths

I am doing the same thing next year, attending the whole show except for the day the public is allowed in....

I also saw some other COOL things, pics to come!

David

·
Blue Glowie
3,611 Posts
I haven't been too excited about it since I heard it was RMM. I have no clue why Lexus chose them of all people to do the car. I guess RMM just has some good fast talking reps on the business side.

It's an interesting project car none the less. I stood there about 15 mins analyzing the thing. That V8 is a big mofo. I wonder if it actually runs though. :p

Full article on the homepage, and pics coming when I get the damn gallery finished this week. Code hell, sorry all.

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IT RUNS :wink:

#1 reason they chose them

Our Goverment gives them contracts so why shouldn't TOYOTA.

I honestly think TTE made theirs look better!

David

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
it's hott but i could do with out the paint and woulda been better with a gte engine instead :D

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HoustonLex said:
umm, the IS430 would be made for driving, not for deciding if you like the rims or not

So you are telling me the is430 would be a nice street car with a range in price from 48k-55k ?

This car could have been done so much better.

Is3 owners want more power, hopes of keeping the i6 and some more nice features. Lexus just doesn't care, Toyota played with it, but the heads of lexus make the decision.

David

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think they just want to find out how can Lexus or IS can complete with M3, with $55k sticker price, better off buy an M3 instead.
They just just offer GTE engine option and maybe sell it $7 to $10k more than current IS, I think that would be the best bet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, they need to add more body works such as wider fenders, bigger rims and nicer rims(such as volks), different hood etc...

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Yea, the car was nicely done, and it looked good. Would I buy one? No... At that estimated price, I would have gone over to the German's.

The rims were Velveta, and really downed the car. I would have done a nice 3 pc. wheel, or even an 18" version of the stock wheel. The 4 wheel stoppers from Brembo were a surprise, being that when I talked to Brembo, she said, "That car doesn't need a rear kit"... That is when I went to Stoptech.

The body could have used some work. The RMM kit doesn't even have a rear lip to it. Big time foul on RMMs part. I think some molded R Spec fenders would have been a nice touch, and would have given it that "I'm a badass" slightly wider look, just like the M3 has.

The interior was pretty much the same. I would have opted for some sportier seats up front. I wanted to hear the ML system. At least that looked cool.

The exhaust was very nice. I am not quite sure if it is putting out its optimal power with that, but it didn't bother me at all.

They should have had Flatline do this, it would have been much more impressive...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts