Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to start a new thread....this one will be for helping me peel back the layers of this "onion" of a build I purchased. Typical split personality AEM FIC problems and a mess of broken engine harness plugs, melted sections of in unsecured harness, and random feedback to the TB (electronic noise) with Key OFF and in my pocket for 20-30 seconds after cut off.
I will post pics of the build specs from previous owner (could be true or not).
Started digging into the Boomslang and immediately found oily substance in last plug and sketchy patchwork install and mods.
Folks with Boomslang and FIC experience, chime in with anything you see and reasons why the previous owner may have modified the PNP. My mystery black box is wired into the ECU where my fingers are in the last pic. Wiring is NOT my strong suit, so please excuse my ignorances.
Thanks for looking, let's post some pics! FB_IMG_1571887937244.jpg FB_IMG_1571887918581.jpg 20191029_184333.jpg 20191029_184341.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far I've found and repaired a pulled pin that supplied ignition power @ E6-6, and untaped and doubled checked everything back to the Cam/Crank wires. They do have resistors wired in, so I'll have to read back up on the specifics of that mod and make sure it was done correctly.
So the Boomslang HAS the built in 02 resistor mods, the installer bridged the front 02s, eliminated one of the rears, has some kind of 02 sim, with this relay I can't figure out (why the relay, most Sims I've seen are self contained?)....
Anyway here are some more pics....

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts