Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased a set of 3000K Green Xenon Bulbs for $70. These are the best xenon bulbs period. The visibility at night is just as good as my former 4300K Bulbs cant tell the difference. I dont know how they achieve great output with a green color, but its unique. These are amazing everyone has white or blue HIDs. No one has Green HIDS in my neighborhood. I get looks everywhere too.

Here mine on my Lexus IS350

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
very distinctive and unique. you 2nd post will be when you get a fix it ticket. im not trying to be a jerk but i cant see these being legal anywhere. i never even knew they made green HID's

Reactions: Blue99Altezza

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
^^ agreed. you'll stand out much more at night when you're boosting through town

·
Registered
922 Posts
Not for me, but who cares what I think. Where do you live? Did you check about that color being legal? I know alot of states will say what you cant have, mainly not looking like a cop, but they wont say exactly what colors you can have.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Oh my god, that must be the worse mod I've seen in a while, if you think that looks good you're the only one. Unique, yes it's unqiue because no one is stupid enough to do that.

Also, 3000k is yellow not green so whoever sold you those is talking out of their ass. 3000k Xenon HID Conversion Kits

·
Registered
887 Posts
Oh my god, that must be the worse mod I've seen in a while, if you think that looks good you're the only one. Unique, yes it's unqiue because no one is stupid enough to do that.

Also, 3000k is yellow not green so whoever sold you those is talking out of their ass. 3000k Xenon HID Conversion Kits
Yeah i was about to post the same thing....... all 3000k HID kit i've seen where yellow..... i can't figure why those are green???

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
green lights=gheyness............sorry...i can not believe these wil have better visibility than 4300k..........it's also ricerness needs underbody neons to go with

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Sorry but those are different people. Not me.
Hmmm, you're not going to try to sell us something are you? Got flamed on every board too. Ssssooooo, 3000K is yellow, it was never green, and it will never be green, it is yellow. Unless that's a stick on film or a photoshop those will not fly as being 3000K.

Good luck, I don't like it either IMHO.

PS: Can I see your turbocharger? Did you use the 3 rotor headers or the 2 rotor ones to connect it?

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
I don't really care for it but it's your ride. Good luck with the cops.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I am not the smartest person in the world nor am I a science major but I read up on quite a few things, as I am an intellect like many people. The green glow cannot be made by xenon gas alone, as my class tested this in school. We tested Neon, Mercury, Xenon, and Krpyton.....KRYPTON makes some off colors comapred to the others. When we mixed Xenon and Krpyton together, turned the heat up/down, it turned to some odd colors like Redish, Pinkish, and GREENish glow. So your HID's might have a slight hint of krypton molecules in it. Also I read up on police with HID headlights. Whatever does not come stock with the car headlights is considered illegal. Modifying your headlights to make them brighter too is illegal although it is starting to get NOT-ILLEGAL because some countys, police have HID headlights in their unit veichles, so most approve. Chances you will get pulled over, who knows. I do not think police would care much being that is a luxury car on the streets with green glow versus a Honda Civic hatchback with green glows with a loud tailpipe, now that's something the boys in blue would want to pull over. If this makes you feel better, feel free to express. Like I said people, I don't know if it is true or not, I just read up about it and did some 1st hand research nor am I a science major, so who knows if I was doing anything right, haha.

·
Registered
346 Posts
there's a difference between being unique and looking lame. sorry.
I like this quote by the way, it clarifies so much on the difference between people who "are tight" and people who "try to be tight but are not".

But as for this green glowing IS350, it's rather unique, in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
I am not the smartest person in the world nor am I a science major but I read up on quite a few things, as I am an intellect like many people. The green glow cannot be made by xenon gas alone, as my class tested this in school. We tested Neon, Mercury, Xenon, and Krpyton...KRYPTON makes some off colors comapred to the others. When we mixed Xenon and Krpyton together, turned the heat up/down, it turned to some odd colors like Redish, Pinkish, and GREENish glow. So your HID's might have a slight hint of krypton molecules in it. Also I read up on police with HID headlights. Whatever does not come stock with the car headlights is considered illegal. Modifying your headlights to make them brighter too is illegal although it is starting to get NOT-ILLEGAL because some countys, police have HID headlights in their unit veichles, so most approve. Chances you will get pulled over, who knows. I do not think police would care much being that is a luxury car on the streets with green glow versus a Honda Civic hatchback with green glows with a loud tailpipe, now that's something the boys in blue would want to pull over. If this makes you feel better, feel free to express. Like I said people, I don't know if it is true or not, I just read up about it and did some 1st hand research nor am I a science major, so who knows if I was doing anything right, haha.
Exactly, that is why there are different heat ranges with Xenons - 3000K is yellow ;)

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
If I were a cop I would see those lights as a huge safety issue, oncoming green lights may be mistaken, in some conditions, for green traffic lights and cause accidents.

Stupid idea all around.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts