Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased

2 12 inch Diamond CM3 d4

And a Kenwood amp (slips my mind right now on type)

Custom install through skipass in nice ported box = loud clean bass!

I am having a Lexus symbol in vinyled in Red to be placed on the wall in the trunk fo a sho look!

And that day i am getting my XM radio professionally installed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Installed friday!!!! January 2

On my bday i plan to get the viper 790 xvr alarm system ( i had but ran into problems on pricing with Circuit city and returned it)

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
On my bday i plan to get the viper 790 xvr alarm system ( i had but ran into problems on pricing with Circuit city and returned it)

PRICING? NO WAY! what up bro..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what happend is Circuit city screwed around with me. It was a gift from my dad and he showed me receipt for 440 and then i went to get it installed and the guy told me he could not do it that day even though my dad spoke to the general manager and they promised that day to have it done. So they sent me to a far away circuit city and they said they could have it done no prob! I got there and they said they knew nothing about them installing a remote start that day!! So my dad called them again and they said they would do it the next day!!! So i got there bright and early and they looked over the reciept and the car and the guy said that it was an extra 160 for install (eventhough the sales rep said it was included in 440 price) and the lexus needed a responder chip for 80 bucs to trick the computer!!

The final price came out to be 675 or so and my dad asked me since i was close enough to buy the sound system (what i really wanted for xmas) or i could keep the alarm system!!

I chose the sound. I was thinking for my Bday i would get the alarm cause it was a sweet alarm.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
ok seriously thats so much bullshit....i cant believe cc did that to you...ill make sure my dm knows what happened....responder chip? wtf? thats bullshit...seriously..

·
Registered
238 Posts
VP500 said:
ok seriously thats so much bullshit....i cant believe cc did that to you...ill make sure my dm knows what happened....responder chip? wtf? thats bullshit...seriously..
well i dont think that part is BS, you have transponders in your keys, besides the wallet key, try taking that key out and starting it up without the black part anywhere near it, your car won't start, then push the button on it and holding dead next to the key and then it'll start..

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
ok.... here it goes.....

First of all, what they mean by responder chip, is a blank key. Without that, you can kiss your remote start function good bye. Almost everyone knows that without a lexus key stuck to the ignition cylinder, it will not run properly.

2nd-- I work at Circuit City in thier installation road shop. I am one of the head installers. If you had your reciept and it had installation on it and it was already paid for, then you should have had no problem getting it installed. If you hadn't paid for installation... Then you should have asked if they could do it that day. There are 200+ people in line ahead of the people who have NOT paid for installation yet and only have the parts. It was the holiday season, and till now, its still HECTIC. 30+ cars a day, very busy and difficult to get everyone in at one time. I am not trying to defend CC, but im letting you know from an installers point of view.

Oh and by the way, last time i checked, if you paid 440 for the 790 for the xvr alarm, then NO you had not paid for installation already, so therefore, yes you did have to pay for install. And the guy already cut you a break, because it costs 189.99 to get a remote start alarm installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts