Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my wife and I are planning to have a baby in 2005 this will probably be my last chance to go all out as far as upgrading my car. Here is my new years resolution:

1. G2 Brake Caliper Paint with Lexus stickers. Also, I am ordering the is300 stickers from this site for over the air bag warning stickers.

2. Pro Lex Performance Silent Flow Intake. I know this will not give me much (if any) gains but I like to look of it and I want to keep the factory air box.

2a. Pro Lex Performance G3 Heatshield.

3. Pro Lex Performance Passenger Foot Plate.

4. HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust.

5. Hotchkis Swings and Sways Kit

6. Pro Lex Competition Strut Braces, Front and Rear.

7. DVD Player

8. Valentine V1 Radar Detector. Actually this should probably be #1.

So Far, less the DVD player, I have added it up and its going to be $2,700 to do all of this. Any thoughts on other stuff I could add? One thing I will not be doing is a turbo kit. Maybe on the next one I buy. When it come to installing some of this stuff I may need some help from you Tampa area owners.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Dump the passenger foot plate and the heatshield..... get a nice exhaust. Wouldn't have to be anything sick loud. Maybe HKS Drager II or L-Tuned. L-Tuned is quiet but sweet. Looks good too.

The footplate, in theory, is only if you don't want your wife to hurt the baby she is carrying when you slam on the brakes or go drifting around a corner at like 50mph :eek: :D

(Get the V1, those are well worth it. I own one. Check E-Bay used for a good deal, make sure you get the serial number from the seller and check it with Valentine's website to be sure it's v1.8.)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How come you don't like the heat shield? I know it probably won't do much. I like the way it looks. Also, as far as exhaust I am getting the HKS Carbon Ti. Do you think that I need a mid-pipe? Also, is there anything else in the exhaust area that I need along with the Carbon TI?

·
Registered
361 Posts
As for getting extra exhaust stuff it all matters how much of a power gain you want and how loud you want your car to be. i have SRT and HKS hiper and it sounds mean as hell. I like the PLP heat shield as well but later this week i will be ordering plp front and rear strut bars. This next month my car will get lots of new little goodies.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
scottc25 said:
How come you don't like the heat shield? I know it probably won't do much. I like the way it looks. Also, as far as exhaust I am getting the HKS Carbon Ti. Do you think that I need a mid-pipe? Also, is there anything else in the exhaust area that I need along with the Carbon TI?
I do like the heat shield. It definately looks great. I was just thinking that most people will do an intake and an exhaust before other smaller stuff. But it's all about what you want to go for.

A midpipe will make your car louder and a little faster. Just the Carbon Ti stand-alone will be great by itself too. They sound good! But they are expensive :cry: As compared to other HKS exhausts. Drager II and Hiper are both good choices as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.