Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I first saw this hood on an IS300, white, in 2004....I liked the "Evo" style to it....and always wanted it...of course VIS discontinued it, but I saw this on ebay a few weeks ago, BRAND NEW, and snagged it!!!

installed with figs hood props...and will likely paint it completely IBP with aerocatch hoodlocks in the next month or so....

·
Registered
827 Posts
looks good i actually like it
+rep when ever i can

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
It's actually not bad,

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
i saw a pic of just the hood and hated it, now that its on your car i love it. its very functional for high heat times.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
i like the side vents a lot, not so much the middle. but the "evo" opening is great for venting that monster.

i have never seen this hood before

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Phock Mark.. i want that same hood. you got the seller's info?...
wait.. i was on E-bay and it doesn't look like the center vents are functional. Are they Mark?
-Sam

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone...

yes the center vents are fully functional! it has a blocking back underneath held in by screws for rainy days...otherwise, its wide open!

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
am i the only one that thinks that is one ugly hood? i also think it's way too aggressive for the l-tuned kit and the wheels definately don't go well with the car........imo your car doesn't look as good as it used to....but at least the hood is functional

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
am i the only one that thinks that is one ugly hood? i also think it's way too aggressive for the l-tuned kit and the wheels definately don't go well with the car........imo your car doesn't look as good as it used to....but at least the hood is functional
No, you're not the only one. I think it's ugly too. Just makes the IS look cheap in my opinion. The only thing I hate about it is the center vents. The gills on the sides actually look cool and reminds me of the C-West hoods in general.

They should copy the vent openings of the Supra TRD hood. I think it can actually work.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I actually like it. Never really been a fan of any of the aftermarket hoods but I kinda like how this one looks. +REP

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ugghhhhhh........buy my C-west hood!!!!!:p

"too agressive"??? well, its a functional hood for my purposes, the engine bay gets so damn hot, I needed a hood like this for the heat to escape....

I'm still debating about painting it....we shall see

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
ugghhhhhh........buy my C-west hood!!!!!:p

"too agressive"??? well, its a functional hood for my purposes, the engine bay gets so damn hot, I needed a hood like this for the heat to escape....

I'm still debating about painting it....we shall see
well as long as you like it marc.........i would buy your hood...but financially at the moment i am not able to especially after what has recently been done to my car......at this time i can not unfortunately

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
is it me, or does it not line up with the bumper? (between the grill and the headlight)

·
Premium Member
21,418 Posts
It doesnt line up

1 - 20 of 54 Posts