Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok i had this same setup in my 1993 nissan silvia and when i sold the car i decided to keep the same audio setup for the is so here are some of the specs of what i have in it so far.

Avic d3
Ipod Cable
Bluetooth
Rear Camera
Polk Audio Component DBs
Polk Audio Full Range 6x9 in rear
4channel Alpine 360w
JL 500w
JL W6v2 12"

And now for the pics enjoy! ill get the rest up asap with the new grill on :D

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
looks nice and neat...good job...

my only beef with this set-up in general and this is just my OC talking is that we cnt place the subwoofer deadcenter because of how the spare tire hole is situated.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Can i see some pictures under the mat?

·
Registered
238 Posts
im going to post up pics of the box tonight so everyone can see thanx. Me and my friend made it.
Was it hard to make? I was thinking about doing this...but i dont know. I have a sub and amp already. But i really want to change out the stock head unit before i install it. But it is soo much money!

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
i see where the drill slipped off of the screw and almost puntured the cone....happens to us all, i promise.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Only if it still had the spare in it! I just transferred my subs from my other car over to the is300...the box is just too big. I need to get a new box ASAP. there like no space in my car. I was thinking about doing this but, i need to keep the spare. I just want space in the trunk and be able to keep my 12inch type r subs.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Only if it still had the spare in it! I just transferred my subs from my other car over to the is300...the box is just too big. I need to get a new box ASAP. there like no space in my car. I was thinking about doing this but, i need to keep the spare. I just want space in the trunk and be able to keep my 12inch type r subs.
two things
1 http://my.is/forums/f103/development-sub-enclosure-fits-spare-394485/
2 type r sub only require .7 cubic feet each which is really quite small.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i see where the drill slipped off of the screw and almost puntured the cone....happens to us all, i promise.
lol true but look at the magic and how it just appears fixed.
i once had to to train an installer and one of the first things i had to teach him was if he ports a speaker to just confess so we can get him a new speaker rather than get embarrassed and hide it. ohh man he was so cocky that it would never happen to him. well one day he ported a speaker and hes never heard the end of it. lmao

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.