Lexus IS Forum banner

281 - 296 of 296 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Has anyone with a 2001 wired the oil pressure gauge setup to work?

I just want to confirm that it's pin E8 at the cluster side that needs cut.

2002+ wiring diagram posted shows E7
2001 wiring diagram shows E8
I believe that's correct, if you're referring to where the pressure switch return signal lands at on 2001 verses 2002(pin) stock ECU's. Unless I'm way off of what you're asking.

2001 is E6 pin 8(grey)
2002+ is E7 pin 7(grey)

Here is the complete 2001 schematic if needed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x7nj5z22b6qbm3/2001 IS300 WIRING DIAGRAM.pdf

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Well let me say this was my educated guess on how to hook it up, but i dont know if i hooked it up correctly or not. I basically replaced the oil switch with oil pressure guage part #83520-60050. this guage is used for the altezza, sequoia, tundra, and who know what else. the is300 plug is also a direct fit for the oil guage. Since any signal from the switch would throw the oil light in the car, i cut e7 at the ecu then routed the wire from the oil pressure guage to a1 of the combo meter.

i have a 02 5 spd would i need to use the harness that came with the cluster? like the "jdm harness" to get the oil pressure gauge to work

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
i have a 02 5 spd would i need to use the harness that came with the cluster? like the "jdm harness" to get the oil pressure gauge to work
If you have the "jdm harness" or pigtail it helps but not much.

You can remove the oil pressure pin/wire and use that in the factory plug since nothing else needs to be changed. All you have to do is put that pin in the correct location and then run a wire from there to the oil pressure sensor.

So it just makes it easier in the sense that you don't have to rig it up or spend time finding a pin that fits in the stock plug of your USDM cluster. The JDM plug and wiring is all the same so you can just steal one of the wires/pins from it and use it on the USDM.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
So, to summarize.. for 2001's...

Illumination - Move A1 to A10
Tach - Move A11 to A14 (Dakota Digital box still need to calibrate)

Oil Pressure Signal - Use Tundra sending unit part #83520-60050 to replace your existing sender from the oil filter union bolt...

Splice wire from pressure sender directly to Cluster (A1)
or...
Take from the ECU E6-pin8 (gray wire) cut wire then tape off gray wire going out into harness and wire coming out of back of ECU plug, splice that into Cluster (A1)
If you have moved A1 to A10 for Illumination you will need a new wire pin installed into Cluster plug.

Anything else for the 2001 Auto?

·
Registered
2 Posts
IS200/IS300/Altezza Instrument Cluster

distance to empty works and is sorta accurate i'd say. The cluster should work on any IS200/IS300/Altezza with simple repinning. All I had to repin in my altezza (1999 model) was add a illumination wire.
Does anyone know which pin goes where to get the backlight illumination working.
I've replaced my altezza cluster with a lexus one, all works except backlighting?

cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know this post hasn't gotten any updates on it. I just got a digi altezza cluster 2 weeks ago for my 02 is300.. everything works but my problem is the damn abs light on.. has anyone got it pinned to where its reads the abs from the ecu? Also for the oil pressure

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
I know this post hasn't gotten any updates on it. I just got a digi altezza cluster 2 weeks ago for my 02 is300.. everything works but my problem is the damn abs light on.. has anyone got it pinned to where its reads the abs from the ecu? Also for the oil pressure
not sure about the abs light but as for the oil pressure, i believe what you want is on page 19. reading this thread might actually help fyi.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice looking gauge cluster. However I don't really see the reason for changing except if stock cluster isn't working properly and can't find an other stock one to replace. Why regular speedometer on the left + digital on the right giving the exact same reading? I don't see the point.

I know it's a question of personnal taste but personnaly I think the stock one look perfect the way it is. I'm sure that someone who really want to get the digital speed could modify the stock AT cluster... and insert a digital gauge at the place where it shows what gear you are in

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know this was awhile ago when u posted this but how did u change the digital display to blue?
almost 3 years later, but i am wondering the same thing. does anyone know how to change the jdm altezza digital cluster display color from the default? thanks!

281 - 296 of 296 Posts