Lexus IS Forum banner

261 - 280 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Lol I set up my box a month ago and already forgot how I did it.

It was pretty straight forward tho.

Heres a video of my cluster in motion

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
^^^ Thats awesome to know because thats the feature I love most (distance to empty) on my GS350. Since I am doing a Beams buildup here, I figured this could come in handy.

·
Registered
838 Posts
question, does your guys illumination dimmer work, i just reinstalled my trd one after not having it in for a long time and did the led mod, so now its bright! but the dimmer isnt working. I dont remember if it worked before or not.

·
Registered
172 Posts
distance to empty works and is sorta accurate i'd say. The cluster should work on any IS200/IS300/Altezza with simple repinning. All I had to repin in my altezza (1999 model) was add a illumination wire.

·
Mr. Roo
9,462 Posts
question, does your guys illumination dimmer work, i just reinstalled my trd one after not having it in for a long time and did the led mod, so now its bright! but the dimmer isnt working. I dont remember if it worked before or not.
LEDs react to the dimmer differently, it's very possible that those bulbs you installed don't react to the range of the dimmer switch.

·
Registered
838 Posts
LEDs react to the dimmer differently, it's very possible that those bulbs you installed don't react to the range of the dimmer switch.
I had the LEDs, installed on the regular cluster before I converted them over and dimmer worked. But the trd cluster the dimmer isn't working, I know the trd is a much simpler cluster with less stuff dare I say race cluster, I wonder if they just just hard wired the illumination bypassing the dimmer?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yeah, I think that altezza's don't have dimmers explains it all. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Damn Corey! After seeing that pic of the one on your car, it got me jelly and thinking I want one. So I started looking for one, and looking into what it would take to work with my 01. Saw not much info on the 01 but lucky for me I'm in the process of doing my 5spd swap with an 02 ECU, so i will already have all the pins moved as if it was an 02. Thanks for all the info on this thread guys!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm going to pose a new question here. I just swapped an LS1 into my 02 IS300 and would like to make the MPG gauge function as an Oil Pressure gauge.

Does anyone know if this is possible by repinning the inputs or does the gauge cluster it self calculate the mpg off fuel and mileage?

Any help would be great, or a schematic of the 02+ IS300 manual cluster.

Thanks

·
Registered
728 Posts
It probably won't be easy to do that... from what I've seen so far the MPG gauge readings are calculated by the cluster itself using various data points such as speed, rpm, maf, tps, etc which are fed to it via the MPX bus and other inputs. It is also very closely tied to your fuel level gauge.

·
Registered
838 Posts
For those using the digital Dakota speed siginal interface, have you guys checked to see if the car knows how fast your going? Seems to me since the speed is routed through the cluster then to the ecu, that modifying the speed signal may make your car think its going slower than it actually is? And if that is happening, what side affects might that cause? safety concerns with abs or air bags?

261 - 280 of 296 Posts